Introducing myself, and Questions...

Means it's an RB block, used for 413 and 426 wedge motors. Your engine, based on that and the stampings from the pad by the front of the engine, is a 1965 model year 413, assembled January 20 of 65.

Based upon other tidbits (tach drive diz, air cleaner), you may have a very special motor there.

Somewhere on the engine will be the casting date - there's the same number on both sides of the engine, so try the other side to see if you can come up with the casting date - it should look very similar in location to the pic of the red motor in one of my previous posts.

Damn date code is very likely under the starter.

Who can translate the body data tag with all those dang letters?

36EA1BB5-2283-4A14-A68F-A06C147EAA63.jpeg

Yup, under the starter. Such is life. No worries, it really is only for interest, since it's not the car's original engine anyway.

There are people on here who can decode the Forward Look fender tags, so I suggest posting it in a new thread, perhaps titled Fender Tag Decode help. You'll get suggestions to "look it up on line yerself", but you can minimize that by saying that 63 tags are a bit obtuse, and you're new to the game.

Here's a link to a site that may help you do it yourself...

http://www.earlycuda.org/techdocs/6265FenderTagDecode.pdf

Technically a C-Body is a 65 to 78 full size Mopar. ie. Fury, VIP, Suburban, Polara, Monaco, 880, any Chrysler. The 55 to 62 are known as Forward Look, and the 63 and 64 are a point of argument if they should also be called Forward Look. These predated Chrysler using letters to identify the body styles. This site has a lot of Forward Look owners so you may find parts you need here. Your search is accurate because many call Forward Look cars C-Bodies. Better to cast a wide net.
Forward Look only goes to '61. That's was the last year Chrysler advertised Forward Look. Lots of '62 owners want a Forward Look and will tell you they have everything but the fins but in fact, '62 is a transition year, like '63 and '64. Lots of Forward Look sites let the '62s in because they are just like '61s except the fins but Chrysler never called them Forward Look.

Back