Introduction of 70GTbasketcase

Well... What's the story? How and where did you find this beauty and how long have you had it? It is going to be sweet when it's done. Can you post a readable picture of the fender tag(s)?

All I can say is good luck with the car and I look forward to reading and viewing the pic's of it's progress

upload_2016-4-10_18-49-38.png

Is that the orig engine ?

It gets better boyZ... that tree next to the car... It blew down in a storm a couple of months later... Right on top of the G@##amn car!!

As if i didnt have enough body work to do. AND YES its as found, it didnt get that way on my watch.

I got it from a yokel in panama fla who let it sit with open windows under a pine until it was sunk into the soil up to the axels. He kindly removed it from its grave using a backhoe and a chain attached to the sway bar... which now also has to be replaced along with the bent up A arms and torn up valence panel. Nice.

Last edited:
aa.jpg
It gets better boyZ... that tree next to the car... It blew down in a storm a couple of months later... Right on top of the G@##amn car!!

As if i didnt have enough body work to do. AND YES its as found, it didnt get that way on my watch.

I got it from a yokel in panama fla who let it sit with open windows under a pine until it was sunk into the soil up to the axels. He kindly removed it from its grave using a backhoe and a chain attached to the sway bar... which now also has to be replaced along with the bent up A arms and torn up valence panel. Nice.

Even with a treasure chest full of gold coins, I don't know if I could take that on.
But I sincerely look forward to watching you tackle it. Yep, it will be interesting. I'm 66. Planning on finishing it in my lifetime?

welcome to the site!

looks like you have your work cut out for you. looking forward to seeing you resurrecting her!!

Well... What's the story? How and where did you find this beauty and how long have you had it? It is going to be sweet when it's done. Can you post a readable picture of the fender tag(s)?

Yeh, well, of course its the damm fender tag thats missing. No fender tag at all to prove its pedigree -just the "vestigial remains" of what was once "GT" in the form of its markings and its trim. If there ever was a build sheet it was washed away ages ago by the open doors and windows policy of the previous keeper. I have no clue how to investigate its past but i guess i'm going to have to start making DMV inquiries.

Last edited:
NO OFFENCE IN ANY WAY BUT I THINK YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK. YOU WOULD NOT BE SHAMED IN CHANGING YOUR MIND. THAT MY FRIEND IS A MASSIVE PROJECT TO UNDERTAKE. WILL IT BE WORTH IT IN THE END? OF COURSE. WILL IT BE WORTH THE MONEY YOU PUT INTO IT. OF COURSE NOT. JUST MY 2 CENTS. GOOD LUCK ON THE RESTORE AND YES PICTURES OF THE RESTO ARE A MUST.

Even with a treasure chest full of gold coins, I don't know if I could take that on.
But I sincerely look forward to watching you tackle it. Yep, it will be interesting. I'm 66. Planning on finishing it in my lifetime?

Its already cost me a chest full-o-gold coins my friend... just for the Polyglas H70-15 tires and restoration of the original AM-8 track radio. I should probably start a "go fund me page". As grandma used to say: Oy vey!

NO OFFENCE IN ANY WAY BUT I THINK YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK. YOU WOULD NOT BE SHAMED IN CHANGING YOUR MIND. THAT MY FRIEND IS A MASSIVE PROJECT TO UNDERTAKE. WILL IT BE WORTH IT IN THE END? OF COURSE. WILL IT BE WORTH THE MONEY YOU PUT INTO IT. OF COURSE NOT. JUST MY 2 CENTS. GOOD LUCK ON THE RESTORE AND YES PICTURES OF THE RESTO ARE A MUST.

LOL. no offense taken ... i already know i have rocks in my head on this one. But if i pull it off I think C-body guys will erect a statue in my honor. :p

LOL. no offense taken ... i already know i have rocks in my head on this one. But if i pull it off I think C-body guys will erect a statue in my honor. :p
WE COULD ALL PULL TOGETHER AND SHELLAC THAT EFFIN TREE THAT WHACKED IT. THAT WOULD BE THE STATUE OF ? ANY IDEAS GUYS.

Gonna be a nice car when done. Good luck and go back and check that yokel's tool box. The tag is probably in there

Back