Introduction of CaravelleMan

CaravelleMan

Reaction score
Hey all,
My name is James Hoffman, I live in the Bay Area and I am a Moparcoholic. I am not in recovery and damn proud of it. Little background on my username, I started with a 1985 Plymouth Caravelle turbo K which I loved, and became a member of Allpar.com, the site that lead me here. I just want to maintain the same automotive forum identity ya know?
Anyways, went to a 98 Jutta glx which I hated and am glad it's in the junkyard. Went back to 80's mopars with a 89 Reliant coupe, and got a Chevy Cruze asy commuter.
Recently purchased a 1968 Plymouth Fury III convertible for 7,500. Always wanted a 60's Mopar, and it had to be a Plymouth :). Has the 383 Super Commando V8, it's still currently in Reno with the seller.
Was an upstate new york car for first half of its life, then moved to Sparks NV, where it was enjoyed, then repainted in 2009 and became a parade car. Was a beautiful blue green flake, now Meadowlark Yellow, with Black top and interior.
So the reason it's not with me currently, is the next day my sister and I are leaving town, the oil lamp came on. I pulled over and checked the oil, it was at the ADD line. I added a quart that I purchased in case I needed it for the 180 mile drive, and that brought it halfway from there to FULL. After doing so, it developed a clank, and the oil light remained on. Fearing the pump went bad I shut her off and called the seller. He came by and said it sounds like a lifter. We drove it 8 blocks to his shop where upon parking sprung a fuel tank leak lol. He gave me my money back and said he will take care of these repairs and when done you can buy the car back or not, no pressure.
Totally buying the car back, I love the thing. So yeah that's my story so far :)

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Great story, my hat is off to the seller.

Welcome to the forum. Turbo K car huh. Well I can sympathize with you as I own a 69 FuryIII coupe 440 and a 1986 Shelby Omni GLHS

Got any pics of your vert?

Just saw your pics of the car. I can see why you love the car. Very nice and welcome aboard!

I would think it rather rare and Upstate NY car making its way to CA in good condition. Usually the other way around.

img_20160731_1527197-1024x768-jpg.87490

Uh oh, the quarter windows are up !
If that car is as nice as it looks, you got a good deal, IMO.

Back