Introduction of lewis h.

lewis h.

Reaction score
Just bought my first 68' new yorker..am planning on upgrading the wheels..

Welcome! Any pictures? And please tell me your not "upgrading" to something like this:
images

That's TE="lewis h., post: 340581, member: 5010"][/QUOTE]
That is my 68' nyer..the almond colored one..i was thinking maybe a 17" wheel..what is the widest size that would fit x7 or x8..

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Hey guy..was wondering if u had any suggestions on a wheel that might look good for my 68 nyer..thanks

CAM00044.jpg

Most of us like them stock. A four-door hdtp with skirts(which I love) and especially in that exterior color doesn't lend itself to easily to an aftermarket wheel that'll look right. My .02...

With that magnum, should i go blackwall or raised letters and what size wheel..15x7 or 8..what do magnums cost on average..if u got a set layin around send em to me..lol​

Do u think a magnum 500 or anything resembling a crager type would suffice..i am sure a spoke type wheel would be ok too..it is currently all original with 14x7 stock wheels/hubcaps

I haven't priced new rims in a long time but for a new set of 500's you are probably north of 1000. IMHO 1" white line tires work with the 500s as do the white lettered tires. Depends of you are going for a more formal or sporting look.

Just bought my first 68' new yorker..am planning on upgrading the wheels..

Welcome, so this is your first NYer, impling that you're going to buy another one...? Just kidding. I actually tried to buy this car about a year and a half ago. I'm glad someone got it that will appreciate it.

I've got 15x7 on my NYer, not in the picture, with 255/60R15's. You could probably go with 15x8 as long as the backspacing isn't something crazy. I've been told that the 255/60R15's are hair shorter than stock sized tire. There's a guy that works in a tire shop on here. Here's a like to the work I've been doing on mine, Saga of the Ugly Duckling.

You'll find that most all of us are willing to share whatever knowledge we have about these old cars.

I hope you get a fair price The seller wasn't willing to work with me on the price at all.

Back