Introduction of Sport Fury 67

Sport Fury 67

Reaction score
I have been a Mopar guy from birth as the family all worked for Chrysler in MI from the 40's to the 90's. My current car is a 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury with a 383 Super Commando mill and all the options except power locks. Updating the components piece by piece every year, fully drivable and enjoy filling small hybrid owners rearview mirrors with a full chrome bumper, dual headlights and a 383 hood ornament at stop lights.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Pics are a must here.

smiley_sign.0799902001454166089.gif

Hi Guys and thank you for the warm welcome. Here are some general shots, I see now that I will have to get some more quality photos.

67 Sport Fury .jpg
67fury Dash.jpg
67fury Rear.jpg
67fury Rear.jpg

67fury Engine.jpg

From the paper work that came with the car, it was supposed to have the simulated wood accents / trim, but it was deleted as the owner did not like it. He purchased it the year he retired to travel from PA to FL. It has about 66K miles.

Wow! Your car is gorgeous, love that roofline!

BEAUTIFUL ride you have there! I'm with Matt, that's the roof line I prefer on these cars. Looks like rather than finding a diamond in the rough, you found a diamond that just needs a little polishing.

Did the 15" disc brake hubcaps come with it or were they added later? Never seen them on a Fury before but they look great.

BEAUTIFUL ride you have there! I'm with Matt, that's the roof line I prefer on these cars. Looks like rather than finding a diamond in the rough, you found a diamond that just needs a little polishing.

Did the 15" disc brake hubcaps come with it or were they added later? Never seen them on a Fury before but they look great.

Hi Boomer - The disc brake hubcaps are original to the car. The dealer must have talked him into it since he ordered the disc brakes or it was a special ordering option. From the build date, it appears he ordered it as soon as you could for the 67 model year. The family all had Mopars in the mid-60's so the roofline was one of the main features that drew me to this car. Two thing that I people have told me at shows is they have not seen auto pilot- cruise on a Plymouth and the power seat as an option.

If you had disc brakes, you had 15" wheels, and there probably weren't many or any other options for caps at that point. Interesting, as it's the first time I've seen them on a Fury.

We had several Mopars when I was a kid including a '68 4 dr Fury. If I came across the '68 version of your car with the same roofline vs fast top, I'd have to do some serious soul searching to keep from grabbing it and selling my 300. Not sure you could get a '68 Sport Fury in anything but a Fast Top body style.

very nice ride. welcome aboard. and boomer is right. if you ordered disc you got 15 inch wheels with the real nice caps you have. my 66fury wagon has the same ones.

Back