Is this Monaco worth $2500?

Frankie, our 69 Fury III came with an under dash FM tuner.
It works and I do use it!
When I showed the car at the FCBO show 2022, people pointed it out and loved the fact it was still in use.
cell phone june 2019 106.jpg

Frankie, our 69 Fury III came with an under dash FM tuner.
It works and I do use it!
When I showed the car at the FCBO show 2022, people pointed it out and loved the fact it was still in use.
View attachment 636855
Have you seen these? Back when both fm and cassettes were a pricey option.. these rolled out a few years later to insert into your 8 tracks. Maybe they were common, I'm 52 so I was too busy playing with my hot wheels in the back seat to care!

20240105_130156.jpg

20240105_130400.jpg

What you're see in the picture there is both an 8-track player and a cb radio from the early 70's. I want to only install items from that era and have been collecting them.. I do have an fm insert as well as a cassette tape insert for the 8 track player. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing but I like those era gizmos!
I'll post a picture of the cb up close.. it's an interesting- under-dash unit that you look down on from above.The cb was the 70's cellphone.. lol

View attachment 636848

View attachment 636849
Here's the top of that cb. I like how it displays from that angle which would make it a nice unit mounted under the dash if there was room.. best for an old pickup

20240105_130230.jpg

Here's the top of that cb. I like how it displays from that angle which would make it a nice unit mounted under the dash if there was room.. best for an old pickup

View attachment 636909
Never seen an FM tuner for an 8 track before!
I have several vintage CB's and never seen that particular model before. Late 70's if 40 channel, early 70's if 21 channel.

Last edited:
What size dog dish hub caps fit on 14" Mopar steel wheels?
There are 2 sizes, bigger and smaller (for car caps anyway, I'm ignoring the 3/4-ton truck caps).
The one Mopar~man showed is the larger size, and fits 66(?) and older rims.
9" and 10" are the rough sizes of them IIRC.

If you do some googling you can get the lay-of-the-land on them.

And - that tach is awesome.
Mount it to the dash pad, it's damaged already anyway.
Is anyone here versed on which box I'd need to hook up this tach in a stock '67 Monaco? I have a few sheets here and there's different ignition options and I'm not sure what to make of it. What's the ignition selection according to this sheet for Stewart Warner?
Long shot.. does anyone have one of these boxes to sell? I'll keep an eye out on ebay.. there's guys that convert them to electronic too but I'm not sure who'd I feel comfortable shipping this tach off to without some references as this unit is a bit spendy to replace.

Screenshot_20240114_160316_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240114_160259_eBay.jpg

My guess would be the -A, for use with transistors. That would mate with OEM electronic ign.
And I think would work with points also.

The -D is for capacitive discharge systems, which is not appropriate for OEM.
I have no idea what the ign systems using the -B are.

So what could I sell this for if I see something else that I needed? I'm not sure what kind of value I could place on it. I havent started it yet, I'm 2 weeks into shoulder surgery recovery, but assuming it runs and drives down the road, in it's current condition?
Anyone in here interested in it? Miles City, Mt.
I'm just kicking the idea around at this point.

Back