Is using the Imperial image and script protected by Stelantis?

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Looking at former auto parts building built in 1971. It is 55' x 100'. It is a block building with beige-colored bricks. Considering putting in two drive-through doors in front which already has two 36" wide glass doors separated by a 36" glass panel. The elevated former sign now is a blank white plastic double-sided lighted panel, approx. 8' x 8'. So, I was thinking of the '57-'59 rear trunk script stating "Imperial Motors" maybe like below with the car and gold keys. Does anyone know if doing this would be protected? This would not be a business but look like a former car dealership.
100_0448 (1).JPG

s-l500.jpg

Typically trademarks expire after 10 years unless the owner renews it. So, I am not sure if Chrysler continued to renew the mark.

Don't worry about it.

First, they have to find out. Second, the worst they will do is send you a letter if they did find out and you would have to remove it.

Most likely they won't care if they did find out. You aren't going to be operating a business.

I went through this with Chrysler quite a few years ago with a club I was very involved with. Basically they (Chrysler) decided after the smoke cleared to let people use the name as long as there was no money being made.

I've also been on the other side too... Another company started using our company's name and it was done on purpose. They were in the same business and was unhappy with us as competitors. Again, the worst we could do was to send a "cease and desist" letter. If they took it further, we could take more action, but it would involve proving they had cost us money or damaged our reputation. Long story short.. They immediately stopped and that was that.

Back