It´s time for the Slab picture thread

EE5F72EF-72AB-49E8-8D63-8E3801228134.jpeg

It took me forever to figure out how to get these pictures posted. It is my firm belief that computers are a commie plot.
Well anyway here are a cal from when I started and a few random pics along the way. I will start a my garage thread soon.
Work so far is rebuilt trans, rebuilt heads, dual exhaust, electronic ignition, disc brake conversion (LEED KITS), two crappy paint jobs, New interior, repair and Techron of the rear lens housings ($$$) carpet and sound deadening, 15 inch wheels and just to piss off a few purist I've lowered the car 2 inches. Of course I can't forget to talk about the new lenses Zymurgy cast for me! I will be posting a thread of it's own on the lenses soon.

739DB923-D07D-47DB-9A0B-45D3214DFA0C_1_105_c.jpeg

B0633660-8BB5-4E82-95EC-97C036C67CFD_1_105_c.jpeg

106D4FB9-DD38-4205-990C-4CC3F3A8CC68_1_105_c.jpeg

Walking the mall this morning to escape the heat I was surprised to see this window display.
0879FBD0-CCFD-4D95-BF41-FA86FC000DDB.jpeg

Kuddos Banana Republic!
edit: this is the high-end Somerset Mall down in matt’s neighborhood. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey Leaburn, I don't think I ever saw your car. Wow, it is super sharp! Nice job!

Thru the years 68 newport 2 dr. Never go wrong. Passed a beauty up this summer, because it did not have AC , it was on here. Stupid .
68 Newport Best taillights tied with the 68 300.
Nowadays a 66 polara 4 dr. Has my attention, I can see now how old guys like me and up with 15 cars in various sheds .

I can see now how old guys like me and up with 15 cars in various sheds .[/QUOTE]
Its refreshing to see that I'm not the only one.

IMG_20200919_134434598~4.jpg

Here's my 68 Newport Sport convertible. This pic is about 15 years old in New York. Currently it is off the road awaiting a refresh behind my 72 Satellite. It has a 383, but the 2bbl was ditched for a 4bbl AVS. I have been collecting parts for it over the years to add options that it left the factory without. I have a power bench seat for it, power windows with power vents (still need to find the plug for that switch or else I'll make something). I also have most of the cruise control components and power drivers side seat tracks that I don't think I'll be using. Eventually if like to get A/C too. Since this picture I've moved to Florida so I'll be looking at a color and possibly material change for the interior because black vinyl just isn't gonna cut it.

Walking the mall this morning to escape the heat I was surprised to see this window display.
View attachment 469883
Kuddos Banana Republic!
edit: this is the high-end Somerset Mall down in matt’s neighborhood. :rolleyes:
I see this was posted way back in June, but I bet they toss those display boards when they're done with them. I would have gone into the store to ask about acquiring it when they change displays and hang it in the den or garage.

View attachment 487222
Here's my 68 Newport Sport convertible. This pic is about 15 years old in New York. Currently it is off the road awaiting a refresh behind my 72 Satellite. It has a 383, but the 2bbl was ditched for a 4bbl AVS. I have been collecting parts for it over the years to add options that it left the factory without. I have a power bench seat for it, power windows with power vents (still need to find the plug for that switch or else I'll make something). I also have most of the cruise control components and power drivers side seat tracks that I don't think I'll be using. Eventually if like to get A/C too. Since this picture I've moved to Florida so I'll be looking at a color and possibly material change for the interior because black vinyl just isn't gonna cut it.
I missed out on ‘68 Newport Sportsgrain convertible by a few hours, 4 years ago. It was tan with a white top and interior. Not loaded, but all original. It was under $10k, and sold to the person that got there first.

View attachment 487222
NICE always dig these "Sport" sportsgrain cars. I don't normally condone them (interior color changes), but black vinyl on a droptop is a worthy exception. You might consider light brown/tan, only because it looks nice with the woodgrain, and contrasts with the white. Good luck with it, and thanks for the photos.

My first C Body. Flew into Wisconsin, picked it in Waldo, drove to Milwaukee took the ferry to Muskegon MI (was NOT going anywhere near Chicago), drove it NW Ohio
1965-chrysler-newport (1).jpg

At the ferry bright and early
IMG_0747.JPG
In Line
In Line at the Ferry.JPG
That was last April (21). Today it is in the the 'Man Cave' for some TLC and some personal touches. Don't have any 'in- process' pictures yet.
More to come.
Omni

1965-chrysler-newport (1).jpg

Back