It took 20 years

That was what I had in mind until we pulled her out of that little small garage and then discovered what a survivor she is. I did scratch the itch a little with the wheels and tires she got yesterday.View attachment 16230

Man she looks good!!! The slotted cop wheels look great on these car.

Got me thinking of converting mine back... lol

Here are few more pics. Monaco01 (Small).jpgMonaco02 (Medium).jpgMonaco03 (Medium).jpgMonaco04 (Medium).jpg

Monaco01 (Small).jpg

Monaco02 (Medium).jpg

Monaco03 (Medium).jpg

Monaco04 (Medium).jpg

I think Mr. Rollinn had a cop car in mind when he ordered it. That's no sales bank car.
Even has the oil pressure guage.
I'm lovin that car more and more with each additional picture. An outstanding find!!

Posted via Topify using Android

I think Mr. Rollinn had a cop car in mind when he ordered it. That's no sales bank car.
Even has the oil pressure guage.
I'm lovin that car more and more with each additional picture. An outstanding find!!

Posted via Topify using Android

Thank you. I can not wait until we start cleaning on her. Going slow with this one, I do not want to mess anything up. Wait till you see some pics of the quarters, no rust anywhere! I'm so glad to end up with her after all this time.

What a great car....congrats on finally getting the chance to own it!! And I'm really glad to hear that your going to keep her untouched...rims and tires I can live with....I do love me some steelies and dog dish caps too....;)

unicorn1993.jpgThanks for all the kind words guys. This car means a great deal to me. Today I found the pictures of her that I took outside of the car show 20 years ago and this was the first time I had ever seen this car. You can see in the pics that the stain that was on the hood was on it then. It has now been cleaned of without hurting the paint. You can also see the Air Force sticker on the drivers side of the bumper.

unicorn1993.jpg

Amazing she stayed so clean throughout the years. I'm in awe with Stan! I've always heard people take great care of their cars in TN. Looks to be true.

Hey Bluesmobile-
I don't believe your a member?? But you should come join us over at the blusmobile site as well. I know your not going to make a bluesmobile out of her, but there is a ton of '74-77 monaco stuff going on over there. From civilian cars, to police cars, to bluesmobiles. Great group of guys over there as well! They would love to see your car!!

http://bluesmobiles.proboards.com/

Zac

Guys, we are getting ready to fire up the Monaco this week. She has been off the road for a few years. Any advice for what all we should do before we turn the key for the first time? It has been a long time since I cranked a car that has been sleeping for a few years and I really do not want to mess anything up on this one Thanks guys.

Inspect everything/ replace components as necessary (ignition system- fuel system)-New fluids, I'd pull the distributor and run the oil pump before firing.

We have gone over every inch out under the hood and everything looks really good. Going to drain the gas tank and change the oil this week. It's killing me not driving her yet but I just want everything to go right on this one.

Back