Itching Again........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh157

Reaction score
Contact seller
If anyone finds a flr shift stick american car 1963-72 that is a driver and relatively cheap let me know, looking but do not have a lot to spend - driver or can-be-a-driver-with-little-work condition.

Just looked @ a rare Pontiac yesterday, do not think I am going to buy it though. Browsing but not hell bent on finding something.

Like maybe a '64 Custom 880 3/4 spd!

If anyone finds a flr shift stick american car 1963-72 that is a driver and relatively cheap let me know, looking but do not have a lot to spend - driver or can-be-a-driver-with-little-work condition.

Just looked @ a rare Pontiac yesterday, do not think I am going to buy it though. Browsing but not hell bent on finding something.

Like maybe a '64 Custom 880 3/4 spd!
How about a 63!
481186-0-lg.jpg

481186-0-lg.jpg

twinstick.jpg

Look for a Rambler, they're often stick shifted and you could even get two in one car.

twinstick.jpg

nice but that car is an auto.......there was a '63 3 spd stick flr shift wagon someone sent me on CL last month, I think it was in SD but I cannot find the ad anymore.

My problem is I have to have the oddball stuff that is impossible to find. I'd like to own this too but it needs way too much body wise:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ctd/4151246204.html

This car, in solid #2 condition, would draw maybe 15K max, that is why it has been for sale so long. Now if someone can find me a '68 Ambo 4 spd, I got access to plenty of NOS parts for one.

As far as I know this was a three speed manual trans with overdrive despite the in-line shift pattern; guess this instant overtake could mean the overdrive could be shifted without clutching; but I'm not familiar with that setup either, and I have a very soft spot for Ramblers, especially wagons as well.

Yes, I think it was essentially 5 forward gears......1-2-od on the left, 3-od on the right. Not quite the same as the normal shift pattern for a stick but clutched nonetheless.

also found a '68 rebel 4 spd 2 hrs east of me awhile ago, guy wanted twice what is was worth. My guess is he didn't sell it but i do not have any contact info. Now I'd love to own that car but who knows where it is.

HEY!! Get in line.
Yes, if anybody knows of one email me at.........

LOL

Actually, you have way better odds than me. Mine has to have factory A/C. So what's that, one out of a gazillion?

Actually, you have way better odds than me. Mine has to have factory A/C. So what's that, one out of a gazillion?

problem is, from 65 on it is pretty much a 4 spd or nothing, and you have the rarity and expense that goes along with that.

What was the last year you could row four for the full-sized Chevys. They are our best shots.
I've heard about some pretty freaky combinations up in Canada like tri-power 3-spd on the column wagons. Factory. Weird.

Last edited:
69, I think.........I did have a 69 caprice console 4 spd in my hands a few yrs ago, let it slip

Dunno WTH is the matter with me, these oddballs are not only fun to own but great conv pieces - this is what I looked @ yesterday:

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing is wrong with you. By loving oddballs it shows how you appreciate them all regardless of popularity amongst the unwashed masses.
I saw a 68 4 spd Wildcat a long tme ago and I can't get that damn thing out of my head.
My problem is that I'm a full size snob. Show me a weird combo on a Parisienne for example and I turn into a spoiled five year old.

Posted via Topify on Android

Where is it now?
Not in my garage where it could have been.
My curse is that I'm too heavily invested into Mopar to make the idea of learning from scratch again not palatable to me.

I also missed out on a '67 Cutlass ragtop 330/4, 3 spd hurst, factory, almost 3 yrs ago. Some bonehead in NJ got it......driver cond for around 8K.

I'm a little knowledgeable in every thing and an expert at nothing.......not sure if that is good or bad.

I also missed out on a '67 Cutlass ragtop 330/4, 3 spd hurst, factory, almost 3 yrs ago. Some bonehead in NJ got it......driver cond for around 8K.

I'm a little knowledgeable in every thing and an expert at nothing.......not sure if that is good or bad.
Was that the red one which was a little rough around the edges?

no, this car was dark blue, almost what you'd call Midnight Blue

I've owned two 67 cutlass rags, love them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back