Itching Again........

Status
Not open for further replies.
mdh157;120541 I'm a little knowledgeable in every thing and an expert at nothing.......not sure if that is good or bad.[/QUOTE said:
Some very wise words that I heard maybe 40 years ago and I still remember:
There is nothing as dangerous as a man who read a book once...

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Well that makes it strike three for me today. Hand me the razor blade...

BTW, hes full of ****. 65 was not the last year...

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I cannot ever remember seeing a 3 spd manual in a full size buick - which is absurd, there had to be some even if it's only .5% of those made.

69, I think.........I did have a 69 caprice console 4 spd in my hands a few yrs ago, let it slip

Dunno WTH is the matter with me, these oddballs are not only fun to own but great conv pieces - this is what I looked @ yesterday:

View attachment 21088

View attachment 21089

nice! J or SJ? 428? well optioned, rare and going up in value every day.

nice! J or SJ? 428? well optioned, rare and going up in value every day.

J, 400, #'s matching, spec order color. This is also a 3 spd, not a 4, actually rarer than a 4. Here's the problem:

DSCN2433.jpgDSCN2434.jpgDSCN2435.jpg

DSCN2433.jpg

DSCN2434.jpg

DSCN2435.jpg

Last edited:
That's not that big of a problem especially if its the only spot. It's dented, you could almost ignore it. Your Sienfeld syndrome is back.

Matt, does it seem odd to you that there is a cleaner looking spot on the outside of that part of the frame? Not the color it should be, like it was partially ground or sanded.

Seinfeld syndrome? Isn't that the feeling that you are normal but your friends aren't?

Weird? Maybe but its obvious that nothing's been done to fix it. Maybe the tire rubbed there and burnished the surface rust. Seinfeld found something, the slightest thing wrong with every girl he dated. None of us are normal so that's not it at all.

I cannot ever remember seeing a 3 spd manual in a full size buick - which is absurd, there had to be some even if it's only .5% of those made.
Wiki Sez:
3 spd manual available up to 1970
4 spd was dropped from from the list in 66 so 65 should have been the last year.
So I had to be wrong saying I remember a 68.....

Matt,

lol......now i remember that - and yes, I have a chronic case of that when it comes to cars.

If I can come to an understanding of how that got that way perhaps it will be a go. seems awfully odd that the burnished area is right in the same area of the crack. Also odd to me that he is selling the rarest of the three '69 GPs he owns. He also has two 428 cars. Can't help but wonder what he might be trying to hide.

Problem is when you try to sell a car with frame damage it always makes everyone want to turn and run.

Now here is the opposite line of thought of the Seinfeld syndrome: car could be driven and enjoyed and if it starts to get worse a frame can always be taken from another car (and there are plenty of beaters around in these) and used to replace the existing frame. The frame for some other GM cars probably fit this car as well. Too bad my interchange doesn't include frames, but a real nice one could probably be had for around $500. These are not unibody cars so that is a distinct possibility.

they ruined that impala.........like why can't you put a tarp on the car, flrs and maybe the frame are toast now. Notice there are no underside pics.

So far this GP is my best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back