It's a 104 degrees right now!

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Yup as of 2pm it is 104 degrees with a heat index of 122, and I have got one more acre of grass to mow, yayyyy....

We are having the coldest summer since... Ever? And I drive my vert top and windows up - if drive her at all.

I hate my life...

Yuck, 106 at 3pm and i have 1/2 an acre to go. Im going to break into the next door neighbors pool enclosure.

Yup as of 2pm it is 104 degrees with a heat index of 122, and I have got one more acre of grass to mow, yayyyy....

That poor little aluminum 4-stroke is gonna melt! :laughing7:

But seriously, it sucks when it's that hot. Too hot to do anything really.

It was up to 80 to 85 F here last week. Then we had a thunderstorm Friday night. Cooled down to around 70 F daytime for Saturday and Sunday. It's around 60 F right now. The olny complaint I have right now is woodticks. The damn things are everywhere. :(

Yeah, mosquitoes here too, but they're not really that bad yet. They'll get worse as summer goes on.

I've learned ah new trick (now habit) here in North Carolina. I now know that the 318 in my Maxi Van will not peg the temp. needle when I leave it running at idle with the A/C on full bore. SOOOO, while I multitask around Wilmington for 4-5 hourz. 2 setz of keyz are used, 1 in the ignition and 1 in the pocket. Beats the hell out of trying to keep it cool when you shut it off every 20 minutez for 10-15 minutez. Oh, and Chris, You can tell Gary anything you want to about 110 dry heat iz easier to live with then humid 110 iz. BUT WHEN YOU PUSH THE TURKEY IN THE OVEN HE'Z STILL GONNA GET DONE IN ABOUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. ONLY DIFFERENCE IZ THAT IN THE HUMIDITY HE'S GONNA BE AH BIT MORE JUICY AND NOT QUITE SO BURNED LOOKIN' ON THE OUTSIDE. 110 IZ 110 IZ 110 ANYWAY YOU WANNA SLICE IT, WHITE MEAT OR DARK IT'Z STILL COOKED

We just had a serious gully-washer this afternoon - three inches of rain in an hour! This is my pasture. Normally dry and very grassy, the water leads up to the neighbor's acreage, across his street, and the property across from him. You are looking at about 3/16 of a mile here. This part of the pasture is about 200' across of water that was three feet deep at one point. The bottom pic is my driveway. IMG_0831.jpgIMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

Well then just to chime in out here in the East Bay, past the Berkeley Hills, it was 85 with 49% humidity.F

For those who have never been out here this is how the temps went today. Pleasant Hill is 18 miles east of Oakland and Oakland is 8 miles east of San Francisco across the Bay. So we talking of 27 miles separating Pleasant Hill from downtown San Francisco. The temps were 85, 72 and 53 over that distance. Right now I am clear and the western half of San Francisco is covered in fog moving through the Golden Gate to hit and cover Berkeley, Albany and El Cerrito directly east up into the hills.

Back