For Sale Jet Pinto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine etc. I really don't even know what to say.....

Jet car, unfinisthed project car is Pinto Station Wagon w/ jet motor

Vintage Pinto Station wagon, I think it's a 73, has been converted to the "Jet Mobile". Unfinished project car, my husband passed away. The body has has "jet exhaust" looking fins adapted to the sides of this car. Much of the body work in done and near ready for paint. The interior was ready to have a dash panel of aviation controls put in for looks. ($800 more buys you over $1000 of these vintage controls). The back end opens to show off the viper jet motor, which he intended to do flame shows with. He bought this jet from the railroad, which used it to de ice the tracks. Had videos of the motor running. The man who worked with him on this project can possibly answer some of your questions abou this car. Will accept offers. Call Five one seven, seven two six, zero zero two six, or email.

00d0d_6YoylNm9VI1_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_jX0LTFgZxnR_1200x900.jpg

00808_7LTBfR9kCFE_1200x900.jpg

01717_19Mn8GGv4cG_1200x900.jpg

Man, I'm impressed that someone could screw up a Pinto worse than Ford did out of the gate.

If the liftgate won't close, you've got a potential carbon monoxide hazard in slow-moving traffic. Keep that in mind if you're considering a purchase.
00c0c_jx0ltfgzxnr_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Not mine etc. I really don't even know what to say.....

Jet car, unfinisthed project car is Pinto Station Wagon w/ jet motor

Vintage Pinto Station wagon, I think it's a 73, has been converted to the "Jet Mobile". Unfinished project car, my husband passed away. The body has has "jet exhaust" looking fins adapted to the sides of this car. Much of the body work in done and near ready for paint. The interior was ready to have a dash panel of aviation controls put in for looks. ($800 more buys you over $1000 of these vintage controls). The back end opens to show off the viper jet motor, which he intended to do flame shows with. He bought this jet from the railroad, which used it to de ice the tracks. Had videos of the motor running. The man who worked with him on this project can possibly answer some of your questions abou this car. Will accept offers. Call Five one seven, seven two six, zero zero two six, or email.

View attachment 150863
View attachment 150864
View attachment 150865
View attachment 150866
"Hi I am from the ACME Store and wondering if anybody knows of a Coyote who could use this great tool?"

It's almost impossible to add up all that could go wrong. All with the same outcome, just a question of how many die at once

The rear hatch glass will probably shatter with the first WOT from a stip.

Cautious acceleration is wise in any circumstance. But the problem is a low pressure air created just behind the vehicle. Without an open liftgate, fumes can be drawn into the passenger compartment. Let's just hope the liftgate can still be closed.

That jet engine is off of a deicing machine, not out of a helicopter, so not much thrust. Still loud & smelly though.

Cautious acceleration is wise in any circumstance. But the problem is a low pressure air created just behind the vehicle. Without an open liftgate, fumes can be drawn into the passenger compartment. Let's just hope the liftgate can still be closed.
From the description, the owner was building a car for "flame shows". I remember seeing a video of guys backing jet cars up to a junker (probably some old C body) and burning it to the ground.

That looks like a sliding platform, so the engine is probably slid up and the tailgate closed. Open the tailgate and slide the engine back and burn away. Some simple hydraulics could do it pretty easy.

I hope the brakes are out of the original car....they should be sufficient for a stop at the traffic light. I love the look of the dashboard. The cutouts must be for
gauges that tell you when the chicken hanging out over the flame in the back is done/incinerated .

01717_19Mn8GGv4cG_1200x900.jpg

Did anyone else count the ignition cables? I suppose shoving the 8 in it wasn't enough for this guy...:wideyed:... burning down the garage on the test firing was the next step:stop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back