junkyard 67 Imperial

I never knew what the autronic eye was or that it reacted to oncoming headlights and automatically dimmed the headlights. Thanks
1667778200167.png

Last edited:
I enjoy Steve Magnante, met him at Carlisle. I may be wrong, but at about 6 min 20 sec of the video he mentions the Autronic eye (auto high beam dimmer) can be bypassed with the second high beam switch. In my ‘68, the second floor switch, by the high beam switch is for the AM/FM search tune radio, and enables you to change the radio stations with your foot, hands on the wheel.

Far closer to 5K lbs curb weight.

I enjoy Steve Magnante, met him at Carlisle. I may be wrong, but at about 6 min 20 sec of the video he mentions the Autronic eye (auto high beam dimmer) can be bypassed with the second high beam switch. In my ‘68, the second floor switch, by the high beam switch is for the AM/FM search tune radio, and enables you to change the radio stations with your foot, hands on the wheel.
I think he means that the auto high beam dimmer can just be bypassed or overridden by just pushing the floor switch. I only have the one switch in my Imperial and pushing the normal high-beam switch on the floor bypasses the eye.

Back