Just bought a Dodge 880

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So a friend of mine called & said he was at an old car auction & said some of the cars looked to be parts cars or projects. He said many weren’t bringing much & that scrappers where buying them up. So on my behalf he bid on a 50 Studebaker 4 door with a V8 & a 63 Dodge 880 4 door sedan big block car. He just called me & said I won the Dodge 880 car. So I’ll pay him next week & pick up the paperwork & go pick the car up. I just couldn’t let a scrapper get it. I was the only bidder. Somewhat surprised a scrapper didn’t up me.

Just got off the phone with my buddy. He says it was a movie car. Doesn’t know what movie. I’ll try to find out. He said it looked like it hasn’t been started in years. It’s a silver/grey color.

Thats funny, cause I just re-watched your Youtube video of the 4 door 880 that your buddy has yesterday. If you need any parts, let me know. Btw, your buddy still have the 4 door?

Thats funny, cause I just re-watched your Youtube video of the 4 door 880 that your buddy has yesterday. If you need any parts, let me know. Btw, your buddy still have the 4 door?
Yep he does. I haven’t seen the car yet or pictures. Now the auctioneer is being a jerk & says the cars have to be out by tursday. He sold over 200 cars & he has 200 more to sell in an upcoming auction. So my buddy is going to call him to make arrangements. Plus we have weather moving in & that place will turn into a swamp with all the cars being drug out & loaded up.

hey bob nice grab . just had my pop's 73 starcraft mh and 61 dorset boat brought to my shop . and finally got m 65 bel rag down here as well , man has towing gotten costly . but anyway i started giving the mh a bath . the soap i'm using is pulling some of the patina off , but the colors are nice and strong on it . and that 413 ind lp fuel with hookers headers it does runs great . just needs brakes do to its long storage , and i've got new tires for it just waiting tobe mounted .

DSC01712.JPG

DSC03643.JPG

DSC03644.JPG

DSC03645.JPG

hey bob nice grab . just had my pop's 73 starcraft mh and 61 dorset boat brought to my shop . and finally got m 65 bel rag down here as well , man has towing gotten costly . but anyway i started giving the mh a bath . the soap i'm using is pulling some of the patina off , but the colors are nice and strong on it . and that 413 ind lp fuel with hookers headers it does runs great . just needs brakes do to its long storage , and i've got new tires for it just waiting tobe mounted .

View attachment 518060

View attachment 518067

View attachment 518068

View attachment 518069
I like that StarCraft

thats , my pop bought it as a rolled over wreck . its got a box tubing frame work with glass panels over it . he fixed it up and used it for years . but in his declining years it just sat , but it runs great , got @120 gallons worth of lp tanks on it , that 413 ind runs great on it . i'll be getting into it soon . brakes first , tires second , interior next . i think it will drag a race car with tools too , with no issues .

DSC03643.JPG

DSC03644.JPG

DSC03645.JPG

Back