Just curious 69 Polara 500 vert

polara10x500

Reaction score
Under my driver side manual bucket seat is electrical connector for power seat I assume, not sure yet if it's live all the time or keyed to ign. or maybe it's for the cig. lighter that could have been on the back of the buddy seat that orig. came in this car. Driver side seat is orig. pass. seat was switched for a 70 reclining seat. Car is orig. bucket seat car just doesn't have correct buddy seat which I really want to find and put in. Anyway couldn't I use this as an aux. power source for something? As I said not sure if it's live or the voltage, could be dead at the fuse block right. And why is it there if car came with manual seat's. Was it just a part of the harness that gets installed regardless so later power seat can be installed? Curious for any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Check the color codes and see where it goes in the FSM wiring schematic. Power seat is probably what it's for (whether the vehicle had iy or not). Should be "unswitched", hot all of the time, I believe, but seems like that might be variable as to model year. Power seat, power locks would be hot all of the time, but power windows would be switched, IIFC. Probably a separate, small, harness for the console/buddy seat items?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Put a test light in the socket and ground the other prong to the floor - if it lights, it's hot.

Probably for the lighter, which would be hot all the time. IIRC power seat and lighter came from the same 12V feed, protected by a circuit breaker in the driver side kick panel.

Usually the power seat wiring came off the amp gauge with an inline circuit breaker. So hot at all times.

yes some cars have a cig lighter in the back of the buddy seat or bench seat.

Thanks guys I'm gonna check in to that connector later today and see what I can find after installing hub assembly's on the Dakota. Been curious bout those wires for awhile seems like a good place for a charging port maybe.

Back