Just for you Tallhair

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This has been sitting in my private parts cars stash for a few years. Its too far gone to save, but had & still has many parts that are good. Hopefully it will all be stripped by the end of this comming winter. Anyway I thought you'd appreciate that I'm trying save B body stuff too.

tallhair 063.jpg

what a sad picture. R.I.P. Coronet.

I got this from the side of a creek sitting flat on its frame on a sand bar. I had to cross over an old wooden bridge with my truck & trailer. It was like going into a swamp. Car was full of parts in boxes. There was a rickedy old wooden storage building nearby. The young man who live there came out of the trailer they lived in & said mom siad you can look through the building & if you see any thing you want just take it. She wants it all gone. Carefully walked in & it was full of parts. Mostly engine stuff. Ford, GM, Dodge, & some import. A lot of old carburetors. Most had be weatherd from the poor storage. I picked through some of the Dodge stuff & left the rest. When we where jacking up the car to get it high enough to back the trailer under the jack kept sinking into the sand. It was in July. Ticks & nats & bugs everywhere. I did help her sell one of the GM carbs & one of the driveable cars her decest husband left behind. She was happy. The old guy was into F150's. They where everywere.

Nice find.......was it a 318 or 383?

The car was a 318. However it had a 383 block fresh from the machine shop sitting inside. New freeze plugs & cleaned. A bud of mine had a Duster dirt track car & broke the trans (A904) in a crash. He got the trans from this car & took it to his trany guy. They opened it up to find it was a fresh rebuild with 0 miles. He was happy. This is why I went through so much effort to get the car. Just had a ton of good parts.

The car was a 318. However it had a 383 block fresh from the machine shop sitting inside. New freeze plugs & cleaned. A bud of mine had a Duster dirt track car & broke the trans (A904) in a crash. He got the trans from this car & took it to his trany guy. They opened it up to find it was a fresh rebuild with 0 miles. He was happy. This is why I went through so much effort to get the car. Just had a ton of good parts.

That turns it to a great find!

I'm always cruising the back roads in the country hoping to find a barn find.

Back