For Sale KENWORTH*PETERBILT*FREIGHTLINERS for RESTORATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe OTR is different, but a mechanical or where a mechanical should be is a much sought after piece in the local/regional world. Even us time sheet local guys know that if they cannot solidly connect to the ECU a electronic log book is questionable. Sure you can ignition switch me and GPS me, but that GPS might spend the night inside a steel covered steel mill building and you have no idea I have gone to Cincinnati and back. Government my ***.

Maybe OTR is different, but a mechanical or where a mechanical should be is a much sought after piece in the local/regional world. Even us time sheet local guys know that if they cannot solidly connect to the ECU a electronic log book is questionable. Sure you can ignition switch me and GPS me, but that GPS might spend the night inside a steel covered steel mill building and you have no idea I have gone to Cincinnati and back. Government my ***.

My 99 W900 is exempt but the 3406E in it is actually capable of supporting an Elog.

The law is the law tho...

Kevin

if they cannot solidly connect to the ECU a electronic log book is questionable.
They are questionable even when connected via the J1939. 3 of our trucks are on ELD's. Our other 3 are old mechanical KW's. There are regular communication issues between the ECM, GPS, tablet, and office. We are in the middle of a IFTA audit right now and they are questioning the difference between the GPS miles vs actual miles. We do old school route sheets, that's saving our bacon cuz the GPS miles are 5-10% short. Odometer readings on our eld trucks match the route sheets but don't match the GPS miles recorded. Another case of the government mandating a faulty technology. I wish we stayed close enough to be able to do timesheets. We are home everyday but go out 250-300 miles.

They are questionable even when connected via the J1939. 3 of our trucks are on ELD's. Our other 3 are old mechanical KW's. There are regular communication issues between the ECM, GPS, tablet, and office. We are in the middle of a IFTA audit right now and they are questioning the difference between the GPS miles vs actual miles. We do old school route sheets, that's saving our bacon cuz the GPS miles are 5-10% short. Odometer readings on our eld trucks match the route sheets but don't match the GPS miles recorded. Another case of the government mandating a faulty technology. I wish we stayed close enough to be able to do timesheets. We are home everyday but go out 250-300 miles.

Our company trucks are all late models and they have no shortage of E-log issues either.

Kevin

My 99 W900 is exempt but the 3406E in it is actually capable of supporting an Elog.

The law is the law tho...

Kevin
My 85 has 95 N14 in it. I don't know if it can do e log and I'm not offering that info to the powers that be.
Quick explaination Stan, the big companies started using E-logs to keep the dummies they hired from getting violations over and over. Then realizing how they hampered themselves by making a strictly run book (better idea by someone in middle management, I'm sure). The next step was to get the ATA (which is the large companies lap/purse dog) to endorse ELog and lobby the feds to make it mandatory in the name of safety.
All of this can be avoided by pay increases, so a driver does not need to look at trying to make 3500 miles a week to make a living.
Okay not so quick.

Last edited:
My 85 has 95 N14 in it. I don't know if it can do e log and I'm not offering that info to the powers that be.
The early N14's were mechanical, not sure what year they went electronic. If it's a Celect it's ELD capable. Like you said, why offer.
:stop:
I'm retired, thank you.
Every time I think I have a plan in place God reminds me it's his timing not mine.

Retired = You don't have to stand in someone else's FU and track the fuel impregnated sand into your living room when you fuel NEVER NO MORE = AND IT'Z WONDERFUL AND NO FUNNY BOOK OF ANY KIND, Keven. Try it , you'll like it. 3/'03 for me, Jer

Freightliner... The Efficient Machine! I love the big rigs. Especially the older Cab Over Engines. (aka Flat Nose). Who cares about the Vette. This is a Mopar site. Really to bad mother nature has not been kind to them. May we have a moment of silence please. Anyway, on the plus side though, not too much rust. Since they're in the southern states. My stepdad loves these rigs, especially the Cab Over Engines as well. He would love an Kenworth K100 Aerodyne to add to his collection. HOWEVER, money and garage space does not allow. When he was growing up, he said, he always wanted to be a trucker. Sadly that didn't work out. Best of luck on the sale, seriously hope they find a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back