For Sale Kijiji ad - Chrysler 300 1966

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkerBee

Reaction score
Contact seller
1966 Chrysler 300 for sale. 103000 miles. Runs and drives great. Red interior. Headman headers,dual exhaust with Flowmasters. Rebuilt carburetor. Chrome trim package. P/St, P/B, P/W,P/Seats,P/A, automatic driving lights, sentinel lights, rear seat heater. Unmolested car in a great shape.
Asking 13800.00 or best offer.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/chrysler-300-1966/1100572090
1966 Chrysler 1.jpg1966 Chrysler 2.JPG
1966 Chrysler 3.JPG1966 Chrysler 4.JPG

I noticed the ad a few days ago but with a higher asking price and only one photo of the car. Well now there's a price drop and there's a few more photos, so I'm getting excited. Then I noticed a couple things that just aren't right with this Chrysler. :icon_eek:

1966 Chrysler 1.jpg

1966 Chrysler 2.JPG

1966 Chrysler 3.JPG

1966 Chrysler 4.JPG

Gorgeous and loaded! What do you think is not right besides the tint???

I think I a need a black 300 with a red interior. What a cool combination. I have said it before I want a c-body with a red interior now I think the exterior needs to be black.

Agreed if this was and a US version with wrap around tail lights and buckets it would be perfect.

I think I a need a black 300 with a red interior. What a cool combination. I have said it before I want a c-body with a red interior now I think the exterior needs to be black.

Agreed if this was and a US version with wrap around tail lights and buckets it would be perfect.

So there is a Canadian version of the 300. Well I learned something new today. I tell you one thing, there are a lot of United States '66 300s in Canada...........that's for sure.

I've seen this done before with a Newport body and 300 front clip.... Kind if a shame though but it looks nice!!

That is a regular Canadian 300 if you will. The Canadian 300 Sport got the wrap around taillights.

Kevin

Was the sport model actually built in the US and then imported to Canada? Any physical differences from the US version if it was not?

Did some research found this interesting article. Here is one portion of the write-up. This is referring to the Canadian Line up.

It sounds like there where hardtops too, in 1966, with wrap around taillights, but they would have been imported as the Sport 300. I originally thought only convertibles were imported to Canada.

The Plymouth Savoy was the low end Plymouth in 1965; other models were, in ascending order, Fury II, Fury III, and Sport Fury. For 1966, Savoy was renamed Fury I.
The 1965 Dodge line was 330, Polara 440, Polara 880, Monaco. The 330 became Polara for 1966.
The Saratoga was a four door sedan and a two or four door hardtop car from 1962 to 1966. The 1962 used Chrysler Newport exterior trim with rocker mouldings. The Windsor had no rocker mouldings and used 300 side trim without the emblem.
The 1966 and final Saratoga used Windsor taillamps. Convertibles were imported from 1963 to 1965 as the 300; in 1966, the US 300 hardtop and convertible were imported as the Sport 300.

Here is the rest of the article, a good read. http://www.valiant.org/canada.html

Absolutely a stately looking vehicle. Beautiful.
Mag wheels and b/w tires are totally wrong for that car.
A 300 hardtop? Yes.
Black 4 dr. Sedan? Oh, sooooo wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back