Kiwi's from New Zealand Mopar Mad collection 71Polara x2, 74Monaco, 74Charger,67Fury,

MoparKiwi

Reaction score
Hi all, the madness started with buying a 71 Polara chp 440 pursuit out of LA.. I got pulled over by NZ cops driving it home from shipping company.. then couldnt get compliance in NZ without full rebuild (lotsa rust n patch panels)..
2.jpg
1.jpg
3.JPG
71polara (thanx Dave from c-bodies) put me onto a donor 71 Polara Custom in original cond in Spokane, Flew there from NZ... car was going to be derby'd.. I convinced owner to sell to me as a donor car for my 71chp,, but wow the car was all original.. paint n running gear (383)... all trim and chrome in great shape did have a little rust in rear quarters and around the front n rear screens and the white vinyl roof was crumblin but she ran good enuf to do nearly 6000mls (tag team drivin with my lady) the whole month I was in the US.

4.jpg 5.JPG

I just couldnt chop into it for use as a donor after doin all that milage trouble free (did have to replace fuel pump in Saltlake) and its the missus fav car (fav colour matt black) so I said it could be her daily if she helped clean her up,, she did all the prep work for paint... a lota hours de trimming, masking, sanding a bita spraypainting and endless cleaning..
6.JPG7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

part 2

drove "goldy" to florida and had a 67 fury trucked to LA then shipped home..
10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG

14.JPG

Dito a 74 Monaco CHP 440 pursuit and 2x Kawasaki Police specials (was a "ChiPs" fan as a teen lol) so guess I got my own sheriffs dept. now.

15.JPG16.JPG17.JPG18.JPG19.JPG20.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

part 3

Last trip to states went to texas for a 74 charger 360. But my fav is the 71 Polara..
God bless America and the Awesome cars she has produced, to me the Dodge C-bodies are the crowning jewels.. Ive worked an saved most my life to get these babies in the shed but as long as I can drive and can put some gas in the tank they aint stayin in the shed :) besides Im hocked to the eyeballs with the bank so I wont be taking (or restoring, saving) anymore of your cars,, lovem all! so aint gonna sell them either unless little johnny needs a heart transplant :)

21.JPG22.JPG23.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice cars, you should be proud.

You took off all the body side molding........?

I dont believe it, you flew here, drove the car around for 6000 miles, then sent the car back and restored it.... Somethings wrong here, I cant afford car insurance.

Hello Mopar Kiwi,

welcome and have fun.
I like that you did not kill the golden 71. Even though I would have preferred it in "as is" condition compared to flat black.

Carsten

Hey thanx for the feed back all.. I know it mite look like a 2sec shopping spree but its taken ...Yep some bucks.. but a Whole lot of hard work and tons of organising researching etc to put this all together.. sorry if you dont like the black but I have no intention of "modifiying, cutting ,chopping, ratting puting mags (fatfeet) will have original hubcaps or dogdish maybe.. or any other such thing... I am set on finnishing the chp cars as they were when they went to work,, no bluesmobile clones (even though I luv the movie the cars and the sounds) 2 of these cars are Police package, ex chp they have working original sirens/PA, lights, gunracks with replica shotguns etc.. as well I have all the notes/manuals workbooks of one of the cops who worked the car as well as uniforms full duty belts cuffs nitesticks etc (now you cant have all that and drive it in CA but im not impersonating a New Zealand cop so people here including the kids that luv old Mopars and America get to see and ride in one for real.. Man the kids especially just luv em. I posted a couple of pics way back when I was goin crazy tryin to source parts and its been fulltime All my spare time since restoring the hard way with no Mopar wreckers in this whole country so a lot is made from scratch... on the whole folks like yourselves were a huge help! Kudos to you guys and sites like Cbodies.. wouldnt have happened without the help.

Sorry about the rambling but Im obviously pretty passionate about the cars, its no 5sec hobby when your maintaining 1 old classic never mind having 5 + bikes... hell gas here is $2.26 per litre, hell you guys should know... it seems like it costs $10 just to turn her around in the driveway:)

Post some pics when ive done some more..

Mopar Kiwi

That's $10 a gallon. Wow! And we're crying about $3.50 a gallon.

Back