Lead or no Lead?

Yep, like people can even put out a fire or get a drink of water on the west coast...

What a great plan:
1)tell people to add 10% alcohol to fuel, using 10% less gas.
2)Get Gov't to finance/subsidise plant with tax money.
3)Get farmers to raise more corn to sell to plant.
4)Demand for land/prices triple,banks lend more,Increasing profits.
5)farmers borrow more money to buy overpriced land.
5)Farmers grow more, depleting aquifer excessively.
6A)Plants pull more water from aquifer to process corn.
6)food prices go up due to short supply of corn.
7)People resist buying, noticing on average 10% lower fuel mileage,and maintenance problems.
8)Demand for corn decreases from 6.50 to 2.80.
9)Farmers profits decrease 50%, and stuck with big loans on land.
10)producers don't care, they get subsidies.
Whose fault? according to the Ethanol producers and Gov't, the American people.

Do You hear all the commercials about how good ethanol is for us? Now we hear it's our fault if people lose their jobs because we aren't using enough ethanol.
Rule #1) create a demand
rule #2) control supply
rule #3) If you can't perform 1 and 2, get the Gov't to brainwash you into thinking something is good for you, regardless.=detmatt;287102]Yep, like people can even put out a fire or get a drink of water on the west coast...[/QUOTE]:busted:

MMO is great! Walmart sells it for 9.95 for a gallon.
It's great stuff for gas and oil.

Has anyone noticed the black mold that forms around the fuel filler areas? This seems to be a recent development with my various gasoline powered equipment and vehicles that set awhile between use. It may be coincidence but I don't recall seeing it before ethanol blended gasoline.

processed Corn sediment remains in the fuel system. In a hot humid climate it can happen. I would be Interested in knowing if the companies owning the ethanol plants have any financial Interests in Companies that make products to deal with the negative attributes of ethanol.

Just keep doing what you're doing. If you don't feel like your fleet is worth some preventative measures that's your choice.

I'm not getting into the politics of the stuff just what I have observed over a few hundred thousand miles of burning it. Like I posted above, we have had the stuff in Ontario for years and I have had ZERO maintenance issues with it.

Kevin

Beautiful......... To me the Pan heads are the epitome of the HD mystique. My last HD, (long ago), was a 57 pan. No electric start either, but I was younger then.

The proper kick-starting of a motorcycle is an art. Its not how hard you kick it, but its the "english" you put into the kick. I had a bud years ago who had a new XLCH Sportster with kick starter only. We would start to get ready to go, and he would commence to kicking it. He would kick and kick and kick, but it wouldn't start. I would say to him: "Harry, are you ready to let me start your bike for you ?" He would always say no, but in the end he was exhausted, and I would usually start the bike on the third kick.

Back