Lean Burn and a Thermoquad...

I always used the Mopar kit as well. I have heard mixed reviews of Pertronix- some love them some have had problems. Just wondering which way he was going.

Pertronix would allow him to keep the firewall clean and "look" like it was all stock as if he managed to still be running LB.

Other than the few of us that know about LB..... I doubt anyone will notice the addition of the ignition control box on the firewall as long as I keep the stock air cleaner assembly.

Now...........

Are any/all of these needed?

Edelbrock/Chrysler Kickdown Extension Kit #8003/8004
4301.jpg

Throttle Lever Kit #1481
4298.jpg

Lever Adapter #1483pteL
LL
(Looks like it's needed to keep the Cruise Control?)
1483.jpg

Edelbrock 8090 - Edelbrock Carburetor Fuel Inlet Fitting
(to adapt to stock fuel line?)
350-8090.jpg

Just need the 1481 so all the stock linkage will hook up. I did order the fuel line adapter too. Also need the 2696 adapter to bolt the Eddie to the TQ manifold...

2696.jpg

I think the eddy will bolt on (it has two bolt patterns). if you didn't buy the arm adapter/extension check your throttle pedal and carb wot I screwed this up on my bro in laws car cost me at least a 1/2 sec in 1/4 mile time if not more, I know your not going for that but just pointing out something to check. I think you would be better off ditching the lean burn, great idea but it is constantly retarding the timing for emissions, which is the reason for the multi-spark, all done without a feedback loop ( O2 sensor) I think this is why they are sluggish only feedback is vacuum.

I'm going to run dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40's......no cat's.

You need the 2696 adapter pictured above to mount the Eddie to a TQ stock manifold to mate the square bore carb to the spread bore manifold.

carb2.jpg

Or you need the 2732 adapter if you are mounting an Eddie carb to an Eddie manifold. This adapter came with the Eddie manifold I bought for my Ny'er. It's .100" thick.

2732.jpg

The dual bolt pattern has nothing to do with needing the adapter. The adapter is needed to properly seal the carb to the manifold depending on what manifold you are using......factory TQ manifold (2696)or an Eddie manifold (2732).

Bob, I believe you, I know you are probably 100% correct and I won't dispute it.
But is sure LOOKS like the dual mounting pattern will bolt to a TQ manifold with the correct gasket
What am I not seeing then?
Are you saying that neither bolt pattern on the Eddie lines up with the TQ bolt pattern of the stock manifold?

Come to think of it I think my bro in laws challenger was that way when he got it and we found a eddy rpm manifold at a swap meet and used it at rebuild. The adapter would help blend the miss match so its not a bad idea.

Bob, I believe you, I know you are probably 100% correct and I won't dispute it.
But is sure LOOKS like the dual mounting pattern will bolt to a TQ manifold.
What am I not seeing then?

The dual pattern will bolt up no problem. The primary holes on the TQ manifold are way smaller than the primary butterflies on the Eddie carb. The carb throttle shaft won't open all the way without the 2696 adapter.

2696.jpg

Not a problem on the Eddie Performer intake except for the minimum sealing surface and you'll need the 2732 adapter.

3502191.jpg

2732.jpg

The dual pattern will bolt up no problem. The primary holes on the TQ manifold are way smaller than the primary butterflies on the Eddie carb. The carb throttle shaft won't open all the way without the 2696 adapter.

Got it!!!!!!!!! Thank you. Now i are more smarterer. :D

Well....same old story.

1978 C-Body runs like crap with the TQ & Lean Burn.

The gas tank has been cleaned and new hoses at the tank, new fuel filter, and TQ cleaned. New plugs, wires, cap & rotor. Still runs like crap.

I'm going to try an Edelbrock 1406 and adapter plate on the stock manifold and see how it runs. I would like to save the Lean Burn on the Newport but it doesn't look promising....
What happen? Did you do the conversion?

Back