Legendary meeting

BiPolar

Reaction score
20170622_210138.jpg
Had about five minutes of conversation, he was actually interested in my mopars, I felt so lucky. Sportsman event in sonoma 2 years ago
during Nascar
Show us your hero's fcbo

Richard Petty fan story....

A friend of mine has a Superbird. She's had it for quite a while... She and her husband took the spoiler off the back of the car and stood in line to have King Richard sign it. I believe this was at Carlisle.

So.... One day, I was at some show... I can't remember where and I saw her and said "Hey, I saw someone scribbled all over your spoiler, so I had some stuff and a towel and it took me a while, but I got it off."

Now... She's known me for years... You'd think she'd know... But for a split second, I got the deer in the headlights look of terror before she remembered who she was talking to.

I have no pics, but I met two of my heroes from my childhood. Both named Big Daddy...

Ed Roth was an interesting, very nice man. I talked to him for about 15 minutes at a car show. I still have the Rat Fink shirt.

Garlits was nice, only exchanged a few words, but he signed the t shirt and shook my hand.

Back