Leon Redbone

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Anyone here familure with Leon Redbone ....?

He graced Birmingham with an outdoor concert this afternoon. I never get tired of hearing/seeing him, 4th time for me.

I've heard my dad speak about him a few times, saw a few albums in his stash of jazz/blues stuff.

Heard the name before,friend of mine is a music, vinyl collector so I have probably heard him at one time.

Anyone here familure with Leon Redbone ....?

He graced Birmingham with an outdoor concert this afternoon. I never get tired of hearing/seeing him, 4th time for me.
Shut the front door!
I have followed Leon from the late 70's. Right through his Tide commercial days. LOL
He came to our little theater in my hometown around the late eighties. Most memorable live performance I have ever seen. And I saw the original Beatles and Rolling Stones.

Yep, I've been a Redbone fan since the 70's too. This was the 4th time i've seen him live and still not dissapointed.

I got to spend a little time chatting with him this time. He's a mysterious guy with a great, dry sense of humor.

If you've never heard his music .... Do yourself a favor. He transcands the generations.

leon redbone on stage 2 (Large).jpg

leon redbone on stage 3 (Large).jpg

ellie & leon redbone (Large).JPG

will & leon redbone (Large).jpg

will & redbone 1 (Large).jpg

will & redbone 2 (Large).jpg

You both look absolutely dashing. Slacks, jacket, tie, and hat to a Redbone performance of all things.
When we have dinner together, I'm going to have to really spiff it up.

In his concert, did Leon still play off a straight man accompanist?

When we have dinner together, I'm going to have to really spiff it up.
We'll be a lot more casual in Daytona, leather huarache's, cargo shorts, Hawaiian shirt, and, of course, a hat.
I'm looking forward to dinner.

In his concert, did Leon still play off a straight man accompanist?

Yes, two in fact. a local keyboard player and a local blues guitar player. They were having fun with it.
Leon would fumble for a crumpled and folded playlist envelope from his pocket and yell a number to the guys who would pull one out and reference it. I was close enough to see that there was nothing written on the envelope.

Leon is super cool.....I've been listening to his music since the early '70's. I've seen him play in Munich in the '80's!!!

Will, you and Ellie looking daper as always!

Life is great!!!

Last edited:
Back