Lets see some C Body drag cars!

Just found this online today
611193.jpg

I need $1000 to get them!

I'm going to play with a set of B body headers that I have. Gonna see how close I can get them, and fab them to work. TTI's are just ridiculously expensive.

Did you end up messing with the B body headers? I'm in the process of a 383 to 440 swap and I'm considering the TTI's, but it's $$$$$. Love to hear/see your setup now.

This one still lives, with a new 730hp heart anyways.
Old 440:
11216DD5-4568-47BC-8258-EDFC75D3DA79.jpeg

New 493:
9156226A-A218-4447-9DB1-5DDAD84BE0DF.jpeg

Test pass at quarter throttle, second pass at 3/4 throttle started to wheelie and snapped driveshaft u-bolts. New CRT transmission is in, waiting on upgraded drive shaft, wheelie bars, and roll cage.

This one still lives, with a new 730hp heart anyways.
Old 440:
View attachment 418274
New 493:
View attachment 418273

Test pass at quarter throttle, second pass at 3/4 throttle started to wheelie and snapped driveshaft u-bolts. New CRT transmission is in, waiting on upgraded drive shaft, wheelie bars, and roll cage.

So in other words... she has become an experiment in how to spend money to break parts and spend more money :poke::thumbsup:

Not really a drag car, but it does have a mild cam in it and a 175 shot of NOS in case I am running late for work.

20200312_172257.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the term “encyclopedia” :p.
Ps, nice to hear from you Jeff, happy thanksgiving!
Thank you. A bird was sacrificed and I was stuffed... I hope your family was able to enjoy the same. :thumbsup:

I haven't noticed any new pics of the "Ponderosa" for quite a while... which is ok, I'm only now getting my jealousy in check (garage envy). I hope all family members are doing something they enjoy and avoiding as much of the world's insanity as they can.

Back