Let's see some Wagons!

Here is mine ‘72 T&C. Had it from 2016 and is mostly original, just went over 100k miles this year. First few years, fixed some steering components and changed AC compressor. Earlier this year we (I was only tool giver, not mechanically inclined) everything suspension (except rear springs) and rest of steering except box itself. Everything worked for a week! Then the blower died. AC still comes on but no air is moving. Not sure where to start.
Fuel gauge never worked, that might be a future project.

in need of floor mats, not sure what to get and maybe rear leaf springs as they seem “flat”.

Only drove it for about 8k miles in last 5 years as it is too hot and humid in summer here in S Florida.
Love to see all the wagons here.

9B679D94-3902-43F7-B22F-CF281589B1DC.jpeg

AC0C7201-8289-43A6-9F08-CE186311120A.jpeg

Ok since this is a station wagon post I figure I'll ask here. Are the 1967 Fury and 1968 Fury wagon tail gates the same? I may have a chance to get a 68 Fury tail gate but I want to make sure it will fit my 67.

Ok since this is a station wagon post I figure I'll ask here. Are the 1967 Fury and 1968 Fury wagon tail gates the same? I may have a chance to get a 68 Fury tail gate but I want to make sure it will fit my 67.

According to my Mitchell crash book, they are different.

1967 Fury I, II. 2769823
1967 Fury III. 2769734

1968 Fury I. 2859523
1968 Fury II, III. 2859522

Jeff

I need the hinges from a 68 Wagon are they available?

It doesn't take much to change a part number. You should make a close comparison between the two. Take photos and measure. It seems a 68 would interchange with your 67.

It looks like the difference is that the '68 has holes punched in it for the "PLYMOUTH" lettering for the II and III.

67 fury wagon.JPG

68 fury wagon.JPG

Then the '67 Fury I and II has holes in a different spot for the lettering.

Plymouth+Fury+Wagon_67_6.jpg

127431438-2-jpg.jpg

Jeff

They do look the same except for the emblem on those pics. I compared the pics sent to me with my tailgate and everything looks the same. Hinges, latch, wiring, frame. I would be stripping it down to do bodywork and paint anyway so the emblem holes wouldn't matter.

I would definitely gamble on a good 68 tailgate for your 67.:thumbsup:

The same goes for Chryslers...the 67/68 tailgates are pretty much interchangeable other then trim and such.

Being the owner of a 68 Plymouth Fury wagon when i changed my rusted out tailgate i used a 68 tailgate. The trim panels are different for all 3 levels of trim on a 68 tailgate. The 67 tailgates used a different panel entirely. The panels are extremely hard to find in perfect condition i have been for over 10 years for a NOS or near perfect one.
As suggested above if all i could find was a tailgate from a 68 i would grab it if in good condition i looked for 2 years b-4 finding mine in North Dakota.

Being the owner of a 68 Plymouth Fury wagon when i changed my rusted out tailgate i used a 68 tailgate. The trim panels are different for all 3 levels of trim on a 68 tailgate. The 67 tailgates used a different panel entirely. The panels are extremely hard to find in perfect condition i have been for over 10 years for a NOS or near perfect one.
As suggested above if all i could find was a tailgate from a 68 i would grab it if in good condition i looked for 2 years b-4 finding mine in North Dakota.
Yeah I paid for it. Now I just have to set up the shipping.

Back