Anybody running a lokar throttle cable
On there cbodys .
I need 1 for a 66 fury with a 4bbl
Stock or aftermarket .

Anybody running a lokar throttle cable
On there cbodys .
I need 1 for a 66 fury with a 4bbl
Stock or aftermarket .
We’ve only used the lokar shifter and didn’t like it. It was 1 - 2 - 3or neutral if you were too eager in the 55 Chevy. We switched to a B&M.

With an old hard to find cable, if you still have your old broken one try an old school bike shop. We had a guy in Mesa Az that would re cable to length any old cable we brought him. He didn’t mind helping us car guys. He always said our cash was green too. This was back in the 80’s. Good Luck with the repair.

Rather than just "bike", what about motorcycle shops?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Rather than just "bike", what about motorcycle shops?

Just curious,
CBODY67
Sorry man. I was just using the lingo. I 100% meant motorcycle. Imagine in the 80’s a source for any perfect fit cable you needed. It was great times. I’m sure he’s no longer with us but what a cool ol dude he was.

We also had Dick’s Speedo Tach in the coolest old school shop you’ve ever seen. Your Speedo don’t match your speed??? Go see the king. That guy could match anything.

You’d have to ask azblackhemi if that guys still around. A Black Art Master.

I’m running a Lokar throttle and kickdown cable. Both work flawlessly and were super easy to install and adjust. Got it from summit. I also didn’t care for the shifter, too many linkages required to make it workand it interfered with my tranny cooler line. So replaced it with a B&M cable operated one.

I’m running a Lokar throttle and kickdown cable. Both work flawlessly and were super easy to install and adjust. Got it from summit. I also didn’t care for the shifter, too many linkages required to make it workand it interfered with my tranny cooler line. So replaced it with a B&M cable operated one.
What does the kick down cable look like hooked up? Does it work like a TV cable? I’m just being nosy. Post a pic if you get a chance. We talked about those when I did my trans but I still had everything so we stayed with stock.

875DBC97-02CE-48F7-9FEB-C788833AA808.jpeg

This is the only pic I could find that has a decent look at the kickdown/throttle cable setup. Gotta zoom in on it to really see anything. I’ll try and get a few more tonight for you to see more details

Back