Long ram intake manifold

David T. Ellis

Reaction score
Anyone out there know what a set of long ram intake manifolds are worth? The type with the 3600 RPM torque peak. Just the pipes and linkage.

Measure the dividers near where they attach to the cylinder heads. Many cut the manifolds apart there and shortened the dividers, which should be obvious, I suspect.

Long rams are 2800
short rams are 3600.
The physical size is the same, dividers different

please post a photo or list casting numbers from manifolds.

Also check the choke pits, if they are rotted out, that makes the value a lot less.

Dave

these are 2800rpm top torque type , plan is to mount them on a 60 rb 383 golden loin engine , bought these long rams years ago at a swapmeet , i ask the guy were the rest was , he replied the rest of what . it was a good deal . and a great deal at todays retail prices i've seen .
DSC00162.JPG

Long rams are 2800
short rams are 3600.
The physical size is the same, dividers different

please post a photo or list casting numbers from manifolds.
The above numbers are the RPM where they work, not a dollar value. Sorry for any confusion.

I've watched MANY eBay auctions for xrams!
Unmodified,good choke pots,bare intakes usually sell for about $750-$1200
Modified much less.
Complete with carbs,air cleaners,X over,linkage,block plates,J tubes usually go for $3500.
Complete with rare exhuast manifolds go for about 5k

i like this setup best for short runner length , this is a stage II intake . the stage III intake is better . but i did pickup the mopar performance one for my stage VI alum mw heads and that them ported for the best flow .
887891-1adf459f827d7d82148e3713ead280d4.jpg
DSC02673.JPG
DSC02672.JPG

They aren't worth that much. These guys don't know anything. I will give you $50 for the set. :lol:

Lads --
The manifolds, air cleaners, block-off plates, and balance tubes by themselves are not too hard to come by, but the proper carbs, linkage, and exhaust manifolds are rather rare.
Back in my hot rod days (1960-1964), I saw one long ram that had been modified by shortening the inner passages, but only one. However, I heard that Al Eckstrand's '60 SonoRamic equpped Fury that was the S/SA champ at the NHRA 1960 Nationals was so modified.
Joe Godec
'57 Chrysler 300C, '60 Fury SonoRamic, '65 Vette Fuelie, '65 Sport Fury 426S/4-speed

yes , one of the tricks was to mill out the passage wall from the under side and than weld up the gap in the outside tube . from the top view you look stock . bit the motor would rev high on the torque curve .

Back