Looking at a 1972 Imperial

LizB

Reaction score
I am looking at a 1972 Imperial,it is a 2 door.Have always liked the Fuselage year Chryslers too.It is in a guy's car collection and did email a few pictures and being honest to me about it.He bought it 3 years ago with 35,000 original miles on it and was an old lady's car. She never drove it a lot,trips to the grocery store.This old lady bought it new in 1972 and passed away 3 years ago.I seen the pictures of the outside and inside.The inside,the interior looks like new with no cuts,scratches anywhere.The paint looks like new and even said it runs like a watch.I get to see it on Friday,he comes home from a trip with his wife on Thursday.So far he said I am first bid on it and he only wants $12,500.00 for it.I get the factory shop manual for it including the paperwork when this old lady bought it new.Good Price?He did put in a new battery in and a set of new tires installed on it recently.Got the vintage correct tires from Coker Tire which are a radial tire.

Do you have any pictures? Color? This will be a fun journey to watch from a couple states away...:popcorn:

The auto temp works,everything works and he checked everything out.Looked at another one and the auto temp did not work right before looking at this one.I learned about it already finding this 1972 slide on youtube,

Love to see pics if you have them. Don't post the ad if you haven't bought it yet though. For that kind of money like was said it should be in stellar condition and no previous bad accidents. Having it put on a lift for a good look shouldn't be out of the question either. Good luck!!

I like a 72 coupe. The price would be if you plan on this being a keeper. If the car is as pristine as the seller states, then I wouldn't have a problem with the price. You could never restore it for that kind of money..

I love them all...But, my preference is 4dr models. However, there's a couple DY2 Sunfire Yellow coupes around that are gorgeous. I passed on this '73. He was asking 10K if I remember...it might still be around...Liz your prospect color must be Basin Street Blue, True Blue or Evening Blue.
73yellow12.jpg
1972chip.jpg

It is iridium blue and seen it today.Was in one wreck,was lightly tapped in the right front at one time which the fender was replaced.Ended up getting it and going to transport it to my place next week

It is iridium blue and seen it today.Was in one wreck,was lightly tapped in the right front at one time which the fender was replaced.Ended up getting it and going to transport it to my place next week
Congratulations! You will have to share pics when you get it settled in the new home.

Congratulations on your purchase. Is this your first experience with a collector car or a Chrysler? Regardless of your experience, you have found a great resource to help you enjoy ownership in this forum. Many enthusiasts and very knowledgeable folks in here.

When you can, we would all love to see pictures of your new car. :thankyou:

Congrats Liz!:thumbsup:

I have been into Mopars in my life although my family is mostly GM.Family does accept this

I have been into Mopars in my life although my family is mostly GM.Family does accept this
:lol: Thank you... and it's good when they except us, even when they don't understand us... There are no car people in my family, so I confuse them all.

You have some very good folks up your way to help you enjoy your Imperial. I'm sure they will help you choose some local events to show her off. Once you've done the local rounds a bit, consider one of the bigger meets... Nothing beats a road trip in an vintage Chrysler product.

Congratulation on your new purchase. Can't wait to see some pictures. Great group here, an incredible wealth of knowledge. I can't believe all the information I have absorbed here over the years. I even feel like an expert in some areas myself, but its not from doing right the first time. :)

You are going to love cruising around in that Imperial. What a feeling driving around in that era of car. It has such a road presence and you will get looks and thumbs up. But you'll really understand what I am talking about when you park next to a 2018 Cadillac, Lincoln or Chrysler. It will absolutely dwarf them. And all the chrome bumpers and trim. Luxury car jewelry of the day. Today's Luxury cars are all painted plastic bumpers and some fancy led light bulbs. As for the seat comfort, I have to quote William Conrad, the voice over in the 1968 Chrysler New Yorker commercial, "If you spend more time in your car than in your favorite chair, maybe your favorite chair should be in your car." Enjoy!

Back