WANTED Looking for 1969-1972 disc brake calipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverMopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello, I'm planning on doing a disc brake conversion on my 1966 Chrysler 300. I scored the spindles and caliper brackets from a 1970 Fury. Now I could really use some calipers. Or if you happen to have a full setup Please let me know. Thank you for your Time, James

I have the calipers that came off a 66 fury I parted out that had oe front discs. I can send you pics tomorrow to see if they will work for you. Need cleaned up and possibly serviced but otherwise in great condition. I have wilwoods I'm putting on all 4 for my other fury so don't need these brakes.

I have the calipers that came off a 66 fury I parted out that had oe front discs. I can send you pics tomorrow to see if they will work for you. Need cleaned up and possibly serviced but otherwise in great condition. I have wilwoods I'm putting on all 4 for my other fury so don't need these brakes.

If they are from a 66 with OE discs, they will be BUDD type brakes. 69-72 the design changed. He needs the single piston Kelsey Hayes calipers.

It seems that recently any supply of them has dried up!

Get on the waiting list for them on Rockauto.I waited 8 months before a new batch of rebuilds finally came in.

Thank you for your reply, I am actually looking for the 1969-1972 single piston style. Have a nice day.

Get on the waiting list for them on Rockauto.I waited 8 months before a new batch of rebuilds finally came in.
Thank you for your response. I am on the waiting list. I was just hoping that someone has something that they are not using. Have a nice day.

Yep,finding used and having them rebuilt is probably your best bet,good luck,hopefully somewhere will hook you up!

In my experience the 1969 through 1973 calipers are the same. Have you tried searching 1973?
Note: 1969-1972 vs 1973: spindles, bearing, and rotors are different

In my experience the 1969 through 1973 calipers are the same. Have you tried searching 1973?
Note: 1969-1972 vs 1973: spindles, bearing, and rotors are different
Thank you for your response. Yes, you are correct. It is the same caliper, with no availability. I thought it might be less confusing to put 1969-1972 to avoid everyone telling me the the differences of the 1973. Thanks again for your response. James

Even if you only did find the core, it's like the easiest thing to do to rebuild your own caliper if you have access to compressed air. Took me all but half an hour to "rebuild" mine. I went extra though and painted them satin black before installing a new square cut seal, boot and piston.

One thing I realized I was missing was the "Pin Positioners." They aren't really talked about when performing this swap, but when I downloaded a 71 Parts manual (Could be any year for these brakes) it showed the little pin positioners. I guess they give the slide pins a little more support since they kinda hang off the back of the caliper a bit (sorry I couldn't find a better way to word that LOL.) I would suggest also looking into buying those as well just to be prepared!

Even if you only did find the core, it's like the easiest thing to do to rebuild your own caliper if you have access to compressed air. Took me all but half an hour to "rebuild" mine. I went extra though and painted them satin black before installing a new square cut seal, boot and piston.

One thing I realized I was missing was the "Pin Positioners." They aren't really talked about when performing this swap, but when I downloaded a 71 Parts manual (Could be any year for these brakes) it showed the little pin positioners. I guess they give the slide pins a little more support since they kinda hang off the back of the caliper a bit (sorry I couldn't find a better way to word that LOL.) I would suggest also looking into buying those as well just to be prepared!
Thank you for the heads up. I really appreciate it.

Hello, I'm planning on doing a disc brake conversion on my 1966 Chrysler 300. I scored the spindles and caliper brackets from a 1970 Fury. Now I could really use some calipers. Or if you happen to have a full setup Please let me know. Thank you for your Time, James
They show up on Autozones website as available for shipping.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. I Think we must be talking about different parts.

Duralast Brake Caliper C509

1969-1973 C body Mopar brake calipers from Autozone are Duralast C508 and C509. They are currently not available. Thanks so much for your response. Have a nice day.
Thanks. I see the same is true on OReilly. On Napa autos site they show availability for the right side only. I ordered one just to have a spare since reading your thread, they may become impossible to find, although I see you've received some good info from other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back