WANTED Looking for a wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a wagon, get one with the best body possible. Avoid a big project. I now wish I had shopped around longer and invested more up front for a better wagon than the one I have. My wagon isn't actually all that bad, but the problem is that replacement parts are usually non existent.
Some rust in the window channel around the rear side glass? Be careful before you remove that side glass, you may not be able to find a rubber seal to reinstall it. Rust in the lower right rear quarter? They all have that and its where the spare tire is located on many Mopar wagons. There won't be a patch panel available as its usually not the same quarter as a sedan or coupe. Rusty tailgate? Yeah, that would be easy to replace if you can find a better tailgate. But expect to spend more for shipping than you do for the tailgate itself if you can find one.
Wagons are very cool and there are very few left. If you want one that you intend to keep, pay extra for a good complete car that is as solid as possible. Be extremely careful of any project cars you look at.

Slab wagons are much more prevalent than fusie wagon...good luck in your search

:welcome:.........
Good advise here. Buy the best one you can find and afford. Parts are much tougher then the sedans and hardtops.

I've got an almost rust free 66 Town & Country wagon in Phoenix. Last picture shows the only rust. Good driver with pretty good interior.Does need paint. $3500 is what I have to get for it.
20160616_143221.jpg
20160616_143258.jpg
20160616_143148.jpg
20160616_143403.jpg
20160616_143416.jpg
20160616_143541.jpg
20160616_143322.jpg

I have been noticing this for a while...
20160616_143148-jpg.88409

Either you have one set of nice road wheels you keep swapping around, or you have a finger on the market for clean AZ Road Wheels...:lol:

If you want a wagon, get one with the best body possible. Avoid a big project. I now wish I had shopped around longer and invested more up front for a better wagon than the one I have. My wagon isn't actually all that bad, but the problem is that replacement parts are usually non existent.
Some rust in the window channel around the rear side glass? Be careful before you remove that side glass, you may not be able to find a rubber seal to reinstall it. Rust in the lower right rear quarter? They all have that and its where the spare tire is located on many Mopar wagons. There won't be a patch panel available as its usually not the same quarter as a sedan or coupe. Rusty tailgate? Yeah, that would be easy to replace if you can find a better tailgate. But expect to spend more for shipping than you do for the tailgate itself if you can find one.
Wagons are very cool and there are very few left. If you want one that you intend to keep, pay extra for a good complete car that is as solid as possible. Be extremely careful of any project cars you look at.
Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Yes. The previous owner put a different clip on it due to rear ended someone. I have pictures of the damage. I really think he would've been better off repairing what was on there. I will look for those pictures and post them.
Is the nose of the car a different color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back