Looking for period correct or OEM front vinyl floor mat, C body

macwillett73

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been looking for a vinyl floor mat for my 73 Imperial. The kind that is one piece and goes up and over the transmission hump. I'd like to get one in black, good condition, or possibly white. Do not need a branded mat, as long as it doesn't have a different brand on it.
Really just need the front but will take matching rear ones if available.

I think they used these types of mats at least back into the 67 models on all Chryslers.

Thanks!

Same here: @macwillett73 -- if you find anything, please post and let us know!

FWIW, I contributed to a thread on the topic 3 or so years ago. The bottom line was that I looked far and wide, and concluded (as did other members) that no one repops those full-width floor mats for C-bodies. There used to be a company showing availability, but three years ago they were backordered (see @cm23u0c post here) and now they show "discontinued" -- see here:

I have had zero luck finding a good used one. My temporary solution has been to get custom-width floor mats from Stock Interiors for each footwell, BUT those do not cover the transmission hump. Also, while they look original (the 80-20 loop and color are a perfect match to the casual eye), the mats that I bought for Medina (my 1971 Monaco) already show some wear after only 3.5 years and just over 11k miles of driving.

Last edited:
After years of asking vendors at Carlisle, Hershey, etc., NO ONE seems to make vinyl mats for C-body cars. MANY offer so-called floor mats, but they're just carpets with logos, might be good to have to protect original carpets, etc., but are NOT a vintage look at all.

I have a full width front mat with Chrysler parts" stamped into it that is intact that can be used to make a repro, if anyone is interested? I tried to paint it black using tire paint but it remained sticky indefinitely also probably won't be using it in my car.

I have a full width front mat with Chrysler parts" stamped into it that is intact that can be used to make a repro, if anyone is interested? I tried to paint it black using tire paint but it remained sticky indefinitely also probably won't be using it in my car.
It would be great if you would contact member @QQE -- he owns and runs a reputable reproduction business in PA that caters to Mopars, including C-bodies (the website for Quirey Quality Design Co has contact info, too). @saforwardlook @Big_John @Great Pumpkin

I too would like a set. I've known people to buy whole parts cars just for things like original mats, washer bottles, etc. Just before I bought my '73 NYB the PO sold just the front mat.

It would be great if you would contact member @QQE -- he owns and runs a reputable reproduction business in PA that caters to Mopars, including C-bodies (the website for Quirey Quality Design Co has contact info, too). @saforwardlook @Big_John @Great Pumpkin
I sent him a message. I have photos of my original mat, maybe he'll be able to reproduce it and use the mold to make more for people who want one.

PXL_20220314_003143016.jpg

PXL_20220314_003207111.jpg

Detroit Muscle Technologies (DMT) might also be another candidate. They mainly make rubber parts.

I have a couple plain black rectangle ribbed floor mats that I got a NAPA years ago. Although on the small side, they are nice and simple and have a stock look.

floor mat.jpg

Last edited:
In earlier times, the wide side-to-side floor mats were popular, but by 1970, the main items were individual footwell mats. So finding a full width mat for that vintage might also reveal the presence of "hen's teeth".

Other than the OEM production mats, Chrysler also sold accessory floor mats through the dealership parts department. Which is probably where the mat pictued above with "Chrysler Parts" on it originated.

In more recent times, I have seen the CLEAR vinyl full-width floor mats at WalMart. I guess there is still a market for them? BUT not sure of their total width and if they would work in something as wide as a Fuselage Chrysler vehicle. Perhaps, if that brand was discovered, the company might have some which could be wide enough?

As good as those OEM production mats were (heavy, thick, and long-wearing), they also could coolect moisture under them. Whether from a seeping/leaking hvac box or just temperature variations causing dampness to be trapped under them. Which, to me, makes a non-plastic-backed carpet mat much better. Just as the thick vinyl trunk mats will collect moisture under them, too. But the factory trunk carpet in my '70 DH43 had no such issues.

IF I was going to buy some carpet mats, I would want them to exactly match the carpet in the car, style and color, so they would not be quickly noticeable. Which would also mean they would fit the whole footwell, not just the central areas, but not over the hump. BTAIM

Just my experiences and observations,
CBODY67

I sent him a message. I have photos of my original mat, maybe he'll be able to reproduce it and use the mold to make more for people who want one.

View attachment 559579

View attachment 559580
The "CHrysler parts" logo gives it a stock/factory look. I'd definitely spring for a set of these. If someone could do even a small run of these, we'd have something to use, even if they were all done in clear vinyl, the same mat would work for any color.

The "CHrysler parts" logo gives it a stock/factory look. I'd definitely spring for a set of these. If someone could do even a small run of these, we'd have something to use, even if they were all done in clear vinyl, the same mat would work for any color.
I'd be happy to send mine to be recast and do this, they can just use other color vinyl when casting.

I just ran a search and found the following link: Blue one piece rubber floor mat

Unfortunately, while the mat seems correct, I suspect that the photo comes from Classic Industries and the "buyer" comments look fake (they are all dated today...).

1663967035072.png

Chrysler was selling them through the Mopar performance catalog during the late 2010. I remember being told that not much sold and Chrysler clearance them.

750A03CD-6A2A-4CA0-9524-118D62E91D90.jpeg

Using the Mopar Perf Part #s:

P5153381 Black
P5153382 Blue
P5153383 Green

I found the following post by @Mr C back in 2013. However, @polara71 indicated that even at the time they had been "on perpetual back order"

Back