Looking for some info/advice

Polara-Star

Reaction score
About to aquire a '72 Polara. Guy wants me to believe it's a Monaco, AND a NY State police car, but i know better. Well, at least as to the police car bit. i need info on where i can find info on options lists for Monaco/Polara from 1972, any sites where i can run the V.I.N., parts suppliers where i can find things like K-frame bushings, ignition/trunk lock cylinders, trim pieces, etc... Any help will be much appreciated.

You're in the right place, this site is a wealth of knowledge and a lot of the members are constantly fixing and upgrading their cars and sharing their knowledge and experience for all to see.
Here's one of our go to suppliers of the vintage parts, Murray B. Park.
Www.cbodies.com

You're in the right place, this site is a wealth of knowledge and a lot of the members are constantly fixing and upgrading their cars and sharing their knowledge and experience for all to see.
Here's one of our go to suppliers of the vintage parts, Murray B. Park.
Www.cbodies.com
Wicked. Thanks for the link! i may be in the market for some ignition/lock cylinders, K-frame bushings, etc. as i get into this Polara i'm about to start on...

If you can please attach a picture of the data plate under the hood. 1972 had some mid year changes and the production date would help with certain parts.

72 Polara-Monaco0003.jpg
72 Polara-Monaco0004.jpg
72 Polara0001.jpg
72 Polara0002.jpg
72 Polara-Monaco0001.jpg
72 Polara-Monaco0002.jpg
Already posted this on your thread on FBBO, but it should be here anyway seeing as these were C-bodies.

mymopar.com has all the tech to get you started but as traintech55 said, post a pic of the data plate mounted on the radiator core support. This will give everyone here enough info to tell you quite a bit about the car.

I'm not sure by your post, but if you already own the car, also look for an intact build sheet. It could be in the rear seat back, under the rear seat, under the front seat, or taped to the back of the glove box. Other's will be able to tell you other places they've found them.

The NYS Troopers didn't use Dodges until 1974. 1972 and 73 still had them in Plymouths.

TRANYnysp72ply640x480.jpg

TRA6-PLYMOUTH.jpg

Back