Looking for vendors that sell Vinyl Top for 65 Fury?

kellycom

Reaction score
I'm looking for a black vinyl top for my 65 Sport Fury. The car didn't originally come with one. So I am not looking for opinions on should i put one or not. I am looking for what vendors sell one and what their quality is. The car is originally red w/black interior. I am having the car painted black and I want the car to be triple black (paint, interior, top). It's also originally a 383 4 barrel (now a 440) w/4 speed.

Thanks,

I want the car to be triple black (paint, interior, top). It's also originally a 383 4 barrel (now a 440) w/4 speed.
QUOTE]

I can relate...... One of my all time favorite cars was my 66 Satellite which was a triple black 383 4sp car.

Legendary lists them.... Great quality

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/category/clearance-vinyl-tops/1869.html

66 satelite (Large).jpg

Vinyl roofs and four speeds don't mix in my opinion. I say leave the top off.

Why do you feel that way Stan? What's the correlation?

I must say I wouldn't add a vinyl top to a car that didn't come with it for a few reasons

But I'm not going to explain all of them Dave

Last edited:
I can't explain it any other way except I've disliked vinyl roofs all my life. I truly understand their appeal.
Another life long irratant: Pony cars. I couldn't understand the fuss when the Mustangs were introduced and still don't. My least favorite car? E-bodies. I've yet to see one that rings my chimes.

< Sent from my tablet >

I can't explain it any other way except I've disliked vinyl roofs all my life. I truly understand their appeal.
Another life long irratant: Pony cars. I couldn't understand the fuss when the Mustangs were introduced and still don't. My least favorite car? E-bodies. I've yet to see one that rings my chimes.

< Sent from my tablet >

My position is they look good on some cars and not as good as non vinyl on others. I wouldn't add one and I'd consider removing one if it didn't fit overall but I don't hate them. On 67-68's I think they look pretty good and it's one of the best body styles for them but do like them w/o also. The car you had was surely a rare one as I don't think I've personally seen one w/o. Looking forward to you finding one and I'll help if I can.

No vinyl tops from Legendary for Formals. I'm shocked!!!

Back