Loss of a member - Limey

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Recently I was informed of a mutual acquaintance passing, he was a member here although quiet.
Derek (Limey) had a CHP 1969 Polara (original bodyside molding has been put on)
IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_3683.JPG

I have not heard what is happening with the car, the family has contacted my friend on what he felt the car was worth.
Soon as I hear of its listing I'll post.

Alan

Very sad to hear, too many members are passing. I hope the younger members continue to pick up the gauntlet.

R.I.P. Derek.

only had one chance to interact online with him .. on cop cars.

all the best to his family/friends as they try to cope with his loss.

I personally only met him a couple times at the shows and a dozen or so emails helping him with his car.
I don't know the story but he wasn't that old.

Alan

I got to see that car at Spring fling a couple times, loved it, fantastic job. Thanks for the posting of sad news.

I didn't know him, hadn't seen his car, but send sympathy to his family (which seems almost useless even as I type it).

As this has happened to a few of us lately (Bigbarneycars, Fury440(?) and a burgundy 65 Polara (Polara500?) come to mind), and will eventually happen to each of us, it has made me wonder: What will the family do with their car(s)? Not as a vulture, but concern of will the cars go to good homes? Not junkyard or field cars, but ones that were special and loved. Will our brother's legacy, presuming the car is a big portion of it, live on with a good caretaker? Surely I'm not the only one to think of that?

I've given recommendations of price points, potential members who may be interested and recommended selling methods if no members are interested. Not out of greed but in hopes of helping her liquidate with minimal effort if the need arises.

Back