Lower control arm bushing size?

Knebel

Reaction score
Is there Anyone who's got access to those lower control arm bushings and could give me some measurements? I would need the ID of the inner hole for the pivot pin (or the od of the pivot pin that goes into the bushing. ID of the outer metal sleeve and leght of the bushing.

Looking to have some custom ones made but I dont have the ability to measure one correctly. Essentially will be leaving the metal sleeve in and replacing the rubber with delrin.

From a Moog replacement K7007:

Inner diameter of center metal sleeve = .838
Outer diameter of center metal sleeve = .978

Inner diameter of outer sleeve = 1.372
Outer diameter of outer sleeve = 1.510
Beveled capture flange is 1.76

Measurements are in inches using a digital caliper.

I tried a set of the harder bushings in a '70 Charger years ago. It road like a dump truck with every minor imperfection in the highway surface felt (Also had the hard bushings in the rear) The other more annoying issue was that the upgraded bushings squeaked constantly. I got tired of it and sold the car.

The Moog replacements are still available thru multiple sources and that is what I would suggest using.

Dave

[I tried a set of the harder bushings in a '70 Charger years ago. It road like a dump truck with every minor imperfection in the highway surface felt (Also had the hard bushings in the rear) The other more annoying issue was that the upgraded bushings squeaked constantly. I got tired of it and sold the car.]

Totally Agree with Davea Lux.
Fitted a Set of Nolathane Bushes to an "A" Body Many Years Ago.
Rode Like a Mack Dump with no Load. (Even Felt the Gaps between Concrete Blocks in the Road.)
Every Time you Drove over a Speed Hump in a Shopping Centre they Brayed like a Donkey.
Down Right EMBARRASSiNG.
Also Aussie Military Tried using Nolathane Bushings in the 10 & 22 Tonne Trailers and found the Control Arms Cracking.
The Harder Bushings Pass Road Impact onto the C/Arms & Chassis instead of Absorbing It.
Not a Good Thing.
Regards, Tony.M

Back