65 Fury Lower control arm rebuilt/Stiffener?

I am a Rare Parts distributor, so I will certainly not bad mouth their parts, the large majority of their parts are made in the U.S.A.....

But , aside from their price structure ( which is of course, the highest) , which would most people prefer to have :

N.O.S. T R W or MOOG ---- or Rare Parts.... I believe 99 .5 % of the knowledgeable people would prefer N.O.S. T R W or MOOG......

And, of course, these new - fangled companies are buying all their inferior product from China, so they are not even part of the desirable parts
discussion.....

Just sayin ' ...... Craig ..... ( I do know what I want and have on my own cars.... )

And, why do I spend so much time, and spend so much of my money trying to find these parts ???? ( These people WANT and BEG me to find it ----
That says all that I need to know, EH ??? )

Last edited:
Regarding FirmFeel, they are a manufacturer for a lot of there own parts. I've been to there shop in Vancouver Wa, they're good folks who make quality items. I've been pleased with what I got from them.

Here was my experience Pulling the trigger on Firm Feel suspension!

I do, however, agree with Craig. Most of the stuff available in the aftermarket is very questionable at best.

I am a Rare Parts distributor, so I will certainly not bad mouth their parts, the large majority of their parts are made in the U.S.A.....

But , aside from their price structure ( which is of course, the highest) , which would most people prefer to have :

N.O.S. T R W or MOOG ---- or Rare Parts.... I believe 99 .5 % of the knowledgeable people would prefer N.O.S. T R W or MOOG......

And, of course, these new - fangled companies are buying all their inferior product from China, so they are not even part of the desirable parts
discussion.....

Just sayin ' ...... Craig ..... ( I do know what I want and have on my own cars.... )

And, why do I spend so much time, and spend so much of my money trying to find these parts ???? ( These people WANT and BEG me to find it ----
That says all that I need to know, EH ??? )
Hate to burst your bubble but both TRW and MOOG are owned by big conglomerates and their automotive parts are manufactured all over the world in many different plants and yes including china and other asian countries. But apparently I'm just part of the .5% of the knowledgeable that aren't stuck in decades of the past. NOS is good for some applications but the misconception that somehow there haven't been improvements in casting methods, machining methods, and the metallurgy going into todays parts it just that a misconception. Just like when our cars were made there were some product manufacturers that were better quality as is now (yes even in products made in china, mexico, canada, germany, and the USA!). Happy money making Craig and glad you feel wanted and begged for, bye. :thumbsup:

^^^ Actually, in case you want the truth ^^^
TRW is Out of Business for 10 years now, so fortunately, all of the N.O.S. TRW parts that I have for these applications is Very U.S.A. made.....

And the MOOG that I have is U.S.A. made , their overseas built parts are mostly for cars in the 1980s through the 2000s , and I could care less
about them......

Good Night, arizona......

So I measured a 65 Fury and a 67 Coronet LCA. The Fury is about .300" wider at the lower flanges and 2 inches longer.

There are very few B-body suspension parts that interchange with C-body. Certainly none of the structural parts.
The strutrod bushings and leafspring bushings are the only ones that come to my mind.

^^^ Strut Rod Bushings ^^^ are Different for " B vs. " C "......
And I wouldn't better on Leaf Spring Bushings being the same either --- Definitely different shackles !!!

Well, they fit, I've used them.

The strut rod bushings might have a different part#, IDK, but they fit fine on my 65 and 68 Furys.

I've used B-body polyurethane leafspring and shackle bushings on various cars over the last 25 years.
The poly shackle bushigns do require to retrofit to 9/16" bolts, but the original shackle pins will be rusty/eroded/sketchy anyway.
The front eye bushings must be the 2" dia, not the 1.5" (used on Hemi cars).

Back