lucky score!!!

superbyrd

Reaction score
i just scored a 1972 newport royal 2 door hardtop. clean, unbelievably almost rust free (for around here!) a factory red with black vinyl top and black interior, and, the best part, a "T" code 440 car. i am excited, can't wait to get her home. i will post pics when she gets hetre...

T code Royal very rare. Similar to the Newport 440 option in a couple or so years before it.

i will. the car actually has a short history. was sold new about 40 miles from me, and spent almost all its life about 15 miles from me. the original owner passed, his wife sold the car. bumpers were off wrapped in newspapar, trim pulled, etc. he was preparing to paint it, then, life happened. its going to need a gas tank and sender, has a holley carb on it now, and that ridiculous looking HEI distributor. a/c still blows, everything else seems to work. one quarter size rust spot on drivers lower fender dog leg. going to make a nice simple cruiser,....since its going to be a while before my 66 belvedere II is back on the road. and, i still have to finish the wifes 87 shelby CSX.......

and, she is now home. mounted her new wheels and tires, baby steps....

0001.jpg

Thanks @superbyrd for having posted the fender tag of CL23T2C200860 in the 1972 Chrysler Thread!

in case no one has brought this up, but, 68-70 B-body plymouth/dodge gas tank and sender fits this newport like a glove, and several hundred dollars cheaper.....just sayin'...

0008.jpg

00010.jpg

What compound did you use? thanks, Ben
all i used was 3M swirlmark remover and a 3M foam eggcrate pad on my old harbor freight 7" buffer on "3" on the speed setting, then went over it by hand with a damp cloth and some beats em all blue wax. juwst playing around with the old paint..hehe

in case no one has brought this up, but, 68-70 B-body plymouth/dodge gas tank and sender fits this Newport like a glove, and several hundred dollars cheaper.....just sayin'...
Thank you for pointing this out.

I wonder, however, about the "several hundred dollars cheaper" comment -- the correct C-body tank is available from Van's for $260:

I have bought Spectra tanks for two fuselage C-bodies and can vouch for the fit.

well, my wife is the bargain hunter, so, she found mine online from a company named TQR, i got this powder coated gray tank, sending unit, straps, and J-bolts for $202.00 shipped. all that, even through vanns, is a couple hundred dollars more, and the tank is just lightly zinc coated. im good with the savings. leaves more money for a rockauto parts order...

Back