Mail order upholstery?

If you take your time to study the construction it can be done. I tackled mine with this machine I bought of e-bay for $300? 15 years ago. I cut out my mother in law’s sewing cabinet to make it fit. There were times I wished it would raise higher but it worked even though all the padding.

Epic 68 Polara bench seat rebuild for originality

View attachment 514059

I got an upgrade for Christmas. My old machine may be up for sale. I don’t really need two.

View attachment 514060
I have been meaning to get a machine for years. I saved up my Amazon points for a couple years and when I had enough they stopped selling on Amazon. The good news is I'm sitting on a pile of points. But I dont see much in the original range I was shopping in.

My upholster ordered leather skins from SMS for the interior of a late fifties Imperial ragtop.
His order was over a year old before he received what he needed.
Well with hides maybe there is a supply chain and associated lead times. But as far as the upholstery. Hasn't SMS just bought out all the NOS inventory? Or is somebody actually reproducing it? I can't imagine anybody is making mid level fabrics for 60's Chryslers

If you just need correct vinyl material, a friend of mine just found a supplier in California that has the correct metallic white vinyl he needs for his 300 for less than half the cost that SMS wanted. J&J Auto Fabrics.

Here's what I need, there ids a unique silver insert with red lines in it

PA130140 (002).jpeg

Yes, that looks very specific. May be difficult to find on the open market.

Back