Mannix

Another show to look for that occasionally comes on as late night reruns on Cozi or ME TV, is The Name of the Game. Lots of C-bodies (usually convertibles) on that show from 1967 up to about 1970.

There is an Internet Movie Data Base for cars, just as there is for actors and movies and such. Search for particular car to see where it was used, either as the "main" vehicle or in a "street scene extra", of sorts.

I liked the whole deal about Mannix. The way it was shot, the actors/actresses, his office, and after he got rid of that customized Toro and got into Mopars, all the much better.

Any chase/action scenes had "meat" in them as the Mopars always cornered better than the Mercurys on "Five-0".

Notice in those action scenes the poise the Mopars have in comparison to the "other cars" as they traverse rough roads and go around corners.

CBODY67

As for C-bodies, can't forget "Marcus Welby, MD" and his '70-'71 4dr Chrysler 300!

CBODY67

They filmed Friends of Eddie Coyle in my town and other surrounding Boston areas. I could tell you where every exterior scene was shot.
i299890.jpg

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_602604-Chrysler-New-Yorker-Brougham-1977.html
i602604.jpg

This car was recently used in the movie "Last Rampage: The Escape of Gary Tison" (no link I could find)
@commando1 should approve of the paint treatment, if not the colors... I kinda hate the eagles applied to the car everywhere... but that's just me. I was really pissed when Robert Patrick called it a St Regis :realcrazy::mad::icon_fU:
Further research looks like it has been working somewhat regularly...
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_719644-Chrysler-New-Yorker-Brougham-1977.html
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_719644-Chrysler-New-Yorker-Brougham-1977.html
Some of the best interior views of an NYB on film... they better not have burned the actual car.

Not flattering, but she's on film...

I am firmly convinced that Formal prices will spike if we have a car featured as hero or villain... and then it will be battle of the lookalikes. Of course, I'm not including the bluesmobile in this...

"Formal prices spike . . . . " Just like slab prices spiked after the B52s mention of "big as a whale" Chrysler? Or "Driving the old Chrysler to Mexico" by ZZTop (a better reference, to me).

The "Radiohead" car was obviously a pretty nice used car, even with the faded red velour interior. Shame it couldn't go fast enough in reverse! Or was it covered in that special wax they used to hawk at new car shows? When they put it on, lit the surface, and it was unfazed. Using physics to fool the public.

Good demo of Chrysler suspensions in those panic stops! No side sway, stops straight.

CBODY67

With the windshields removed for use on the indoor movie set, so the lights wouldn't reflect off the windshield glass. Looked like many of them coasted up to the front door of the mansion.

CBODY67

Mannix was a really good show. And the cars were just a plus!
Thanks for posting now I'll be looking for it everywhere!:poke:

Besides the Mopars, 2nd best thing on Mannix was Buffalo Springfield IMO.

Mannix - Scene from Warning Live Blueberries:

It seems that almost every episode of mannix has an Imp in it, sometimes two of them, '69 or '70 models. Last nite he was was trying to stop another car and was smashing the side and rear of his barracuda, it hurt watching that happen. It's on MeTv at 2:00 am and Cannon is on at 3:00. I can't sleep sometimes in the middle of the night so I watch these shows, it takes me to my happy place :)

It seems that almost every episode of Mannix has an Imp in it, sometimes two of them, '69 or '70 models.

For Imperial fans, the third episode of season 1 has two treats: a black '57 and a silver '67. One may cringe at what happens to the latter, but seeing both cars in live action for long periods of time is an absolute treat. I was surprised at how brightly the rear lights of the '67 lit up under braking.

The complete series was available as a DVD set earlier this summer, which is when I bought it. Right now, that package's sold out at Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon but it is still available at Target. The audio/video quality is quite good. I'd have preferred a BluRay remastering, but such a development is unlikely to take place so I took the plunge.

Last edited:
I remember a '66 Imperial Hardtop in one of the first few episodes. The last couple seasons of Mannix They switched to Chev./GM vehicles.

For Imperial fans, the third episode of season 1 has two treats: a black '57 and a silver '67. One may cringe at what happens to the latter, but seeing both cars in live action for long periods of time is an absolute treat. I was surprised at how brightly the rear lights of the '67 lit up under braking.

The complete series was available as a DVD set earlier this summer, which is when I bought it. Right now, that package's sold out at Best Buy, Walmart, and Amazon but it is still available at Target. The audio/video quality is quite good. I'd have preferred a BluRay remastering, but such a development is unlikely to take place so I took the plunge.
It’s a wall of light back there on the ‘67/8’s + the reflection off the insides of the bumperettes.

Back