MECUM 1968 IMP SOLD

As noted before somewhere on a thread... I think it was @detmatt , the headlight switch has been re-engineered to a hideous knob and the original brass dash and for appliques have been changed out to veneer like what's in the '67s.
The door pull on the passenger side is wrong and I'm sure there were lots of other things that could only be seen in person to make it not sell for more.
I like the re-upholstery job on the front seats even though they're not original either. I believe they should have the cloth inserts but I could be wrong.

and I'm sure there were lots of other things that could only be seen in person to make it not sell for more.

heh Yea like this.

MECUM 1968 IMP DOOR.jpg

Battery holdown and engine wiring is a hoot too.

Starting to guess this was a fair price. Maybe get a new member, asking where do a buy a new "fill in the blank" can't seem to find it on the internet, only stuff for Chargers and Road Runners.

IMG_6728.PNG
IMG_6727.PNG
1993 Dodge Ram Power Wagon with a 5.9 Diesel green 4x4 extended cab sold for $13,000 at Mecum.
I watched this power wagon go up on stage and really couldn't believe it didn't sell for more, it was really clean and the engine bay was spotless. I don't know how many miles was on it, but they said the truck was restored. The paint and decals alone would be quite pricey I'm sure, and where else could you get a nice tow vehicle with a Diesel and good looks, restored, for 13k?
And another Diesel four door dually went for A decent price I think, $12,650 and that was after paying mecum "buyers fee". These prices are better than the $65,000 that people pay now

on the 68 imperial convertibles they made 474 not 447 :wtf: .I am building mine because no one has one and mine is 1 of 25 that was ordered without A/C out of the 474 made.not worth much but what a ride

Back