Mecum Kissimmee 2021

A stunning 1970 440 - 6 pack Challenger.

Lot F106

$70k was the high bid. Didn't sell.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T | F106 | Kissimmee 2021 | Mecum Auctions

img0826-1606927708916@2x.jpg

Last edited:
would like to see results on 50's/60's full size convertibles and wagons. We all know what B/E body's will likely do. I think there values are flattening out but the more distinctive C body's are gaining popularity. Correctly restored, or original forward look convertibles are usually near the top of the heap too.

I believe the Alpine White Hemi Superbird that has been for sale for years at the Carlisle car corral sold at Mecum for $485k.

Carroll Shelby's personal 1965 427 Cobra sold for $5,400,000.

That price is correct....no extra zero's.

1960 Dodge Dart Phoenix Lot S105 sold for $30k.

Factory installed Police Package HiPo 383 with a Borg Warner manual 3 speed. It has been upgraded to a 4 speed manual.

Last edited:
1958 Chrysler 300D convertible Lot S110.1 with a 413 sold for $77,000.

2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat (first year) supercharged (707 hp) and 6 speed manual with 497 miles. Lot S110.4.

Sold for $65,000.

1970 Cuda convertible V code 440-6 bbl. Lot S113.

Sold for $217,500.

Another 2015 Challenger Hellcat with 6 speed manual with 42 miles.

Lot S127

Sold for $60,000.

Shoot, I should save my pennies and pick up a Hellcat, if they're giving them away.

Carroll Shelby's personal 1965 427 Cobra sold for $5,400,000.

That price is correct....no extra zero's.
Yea they said that was a milestone for Mecum.
It's funny to see multi-millionaires/billionaires tossing 100k like we pee'ons pitch quarters. Who'da phuuck are these people?

It's funny to see multi-millionaires/billionaires tossing 100k like we pee'ons pitch quarters. Who'da phuuck are these people?

Probably near $6 million with the buyers premium.

Will; There was a bronze 61 Plymouth fury convertible w/383 w/crossram that sold this afternoon for $99,000.00 lot #S62-1

Last edited:
2 square body chevys a 85 suburban and pickup both stock each went for 30k each

I was told the new owner, just started collecting. As in, this is literally his first old car. Stock market is very high right now and a lot of people moved to cash post election. Big real estate holders are big car buyers as well. Massive appreciation in certain area's for real estate, creating huge credit lines which can be serviced by current renters. Space is what drives what rich people do with collecting. In big cities, with expensive houses, having a 10k sq/ft garage isn't exactly easy. They'll have 2-3 extra garage spaces and they'll pile all of that into a car. There have been days I've thought about how nice it would be to only have to service/maintain 2-3 cars.

Will; There was a bronze 61 Plymouth fury convertible w/383 w/crossram that sold this afternoon for $99,000.00 lot #S62-1
Geee they must of added some cars later on as on my initial search early last week for Plymouth's I didn't see that one. And I sort of gave up watching after my favorites rolled as I saw a 1964 Chrysler that the auctioneer announced had 72k miles and when a picture insert of the speedometer showed the clock read 82k and the speedometer needle was broken off and laying in the bottom of the gauge I just clicked next.

Geee they must of added some cars later on as on my initial search early last week for Plymouth's I didn't see that one. QUOTE]

I was listed as a special attraction, no reserve sale early in the listings. The car has been passed around the auction scene for several years now, Lowest I've seen it sell for was $88K, the most $130K. For that money I assume it is an original Xram car, but don't know for sure. Otherwise it is a low option car and a little rough around the edges.

I was told the new owner, just started collecting. As in, this is literally his first old car. Stock market is very high right now and a lot of people moved to cash post election. Big real estate holders are big car buyers as well. Massive appreciation in certain area's for real estate, creating huge credit lines which can be serviced by current renters. Space is what drives what rich people do with collecting. In big cities, with expensive houses, having a 10k sq/ft garage isn't exactly easy. They'll have 2-3 extra garage spaces and they'll pile all of that into a car. There have been days I've thought about how nice it would be to only have to service/maintain 2-3 cars.

Heh y'all may want to listen to a working man born & breed New Yorker opinion on NYC Real Estate. keywords: house of cards, CMBS, see us in court, probably be dead, etc.

But who knows maybe someone pawned there mega yacht as basically with the port shutdowns due to COVID you really can't go anywhere much more than a turnaround party cruise.

Sunseeker.Predator.84'.Dezo.$7.Million.jpg

San.Lorenzo.108.$3.9.Million..SuperYaght.003.jpg

Heck you can probably pay for the Shelby with just 1 or 2 seasons fuel cost!

:wideyed:

The economy is in the shitter, unemployment is sky high, Mecum prices are insane again. I don't get it. :realcrazy:
I get it, but it's stock market driven. The Fed is pumping cash, and the stock market usually benefits. 401K's are enjoying double digit growth, and people are grabbing some of it to enjoy now.

Back