Meet Ginger!

david42

Reaction score
After WAY too long, Ginger has finally come home. 128k miles, nice mechanical condition, though there might be a repaint in her future.

Let's see... she's bone-stock, and it seems like everything works except for the fuel gauge. And sometimes there's a wiggle in the steering wheel at about 65 mph. Though that might be related to flattened tires--I bought her a month ago, but couldn't collect her until today, so she was sitting for four weeks.

Though a Monaco, Ginger isn't too frilly. No a/c, and she has her original 383 2bbl.

Anyway, we had a great drive home. We're expecting snow tomorrow, so she'll probably have to hibernate for a bit. Can't wait for better weather!

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

I wouldn*t change a thing. Real nice original car that represents what was typically on the roads back then.

Good for you and the happy ladies feet waiting to go ...............lots of leg room

Love it, restore sparingly, drive and enjoy! One of my favorite slabs.

West Roxbury. Right over the line. From the buildings I'm guessing near Alston?

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Not quite: closer to Brookline Village. I assumed you were in Florida! Or is it just your NYB that gets to enjoy the warm sun?

And just so no one gets the wrong idea: the reason I'd consider repainting Ginger is that she has a lot of... well, I'm not sure what it is. Not chipped, not fading, not peeling. It looks like snowflakes or freckles in the paint. Very diffuse and scattered. I should've taken a picture but didn't think to do any close-ups today. Next time I get her out in the sun I'll post some pics and maybe get everyone's thoughts on what's going on. Looks great from 10 ft away, but definitely flawed up close.

But having said that, I love the color as-is. And though she doesn't look showroom-fresh, she's pretty great for age 45. So repainting is way down the to-do list (if ever).

Most times they are better in original paint form, appreciated more and you worry less about your investment getting banged up

My Imp is faded, chipped, scratched, scuffed, worn through and you can see all of it from 20 feet and I'd still hesitate to lose that original paint.

I love it. All it needs is white walls are you're set.

My Imp is faded, chipped, scratched, scuffed, worn through and you can see all of it from 20 feet and I'd still hesitate to lose that original paint.

Matt, I would leave your Imp original. It's a true survivor!!! And looks fantastic as is!!!

Matt, I would leave your Imp original. It's a true survivor!!! And looks fantastic as is!!!
Yeah, I'm certainly going to try and improve on what's left on the car before I do anything else with it.

I like your car. It's going to kill you to wait for nice weather to get her out. What is the actual color name or do you know? It looks alot like my '66 300, which is called saddle bronze, color code YY1. I love the color and am in ther process of repainting mine. I have a lot of small issues with the body and paint and the only way to resolve is to repaint. It will remain the same color.

By the way I was in your city this past summer for a wedding and it was our first visit. We had a wonderful time and looking forward to a return visit in the future.

Back