Metric Speedometer for Fury 70/71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I ever saw one......when you do find one, please post a few photos.

just had a member on another site just install one..if you have probs finding send me a email and will get the info where he got his for ya
http://mounteer.ca/fury/Restoration/Paul2.html

I've already asked ! And here his reply :
I bought my metric speedometer from a dealer in Winnipeg who had purchased the stock of a couple of closing dealerships. He said the speedometer was stocked for cars scheduled for shipment to Europe. I've been watching for nearly 20 years an have never seen another. As it turned out I got this one when I bought a bunch of parts and the seller mentioned he had this one and was I interested.

there are very few out here. Those who exist were in factory export Furys in europe.

their repoped.........srry was wrong...thought Bills was a repop...he just set me straight as well

Last edited:
You might be able to re silk screen your speedo in km's, if all else fails.

Up here in the frozen North didnt go Metric until the mid to late 70's (Cars then came with primary metric speedo's about 77-78)... when we did and had an older car, the goverment had available stickers and instructions on where to put them on the Imperial speedo's! lol

If you simply silk-screen over the miles, the odometer will still read miles. It would need to be recalibrated.

I had Instrument Specialties make up a silkscreen for a speedo rebuild. The designing of a new silk screen was like a hundred bucks.
If they had a silkscreen already done, the application was peanuts.
Google and call them to see if they already have done one.

I had Instrument Specialties make up a silkscreen for a speedo rebuild. The designing of a new silk screen was like a hundred bucks.
If they had a silkscreen already done, the application was peanuts.
Google and call them to see if they already have done one.
Ok Thank you, I will contact them !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back