Midnight Charger/Monaco SS

Love Shack

Reaction score
So, I guess these are actually B-Bodies, but I’m wondering if anyone here owns one of these, or has actually seen them. Appearance packages, but just odd, especially the Monaco. I got this poster from a dealer back in ‘76 ?

CB68A726-ABCF-4BC9-B369-0D96C4AD60DC.jpeg

That Monaco was 4 Grand.
I paid 6Grand for my new ‘79 road runner, that I still own. I’ve had this car 43 years. Don’t know where the time went ....

75ADA96A-A8C2-453A-B7FB-367570B39A5A.jpeg

Looks nice. What engine does it have... and how many miles. I think 75 was the last C-Body road runner, but honestly I forgot they even made them past 75.
Thanks for sharing, I am sure others will weigh in with more valuable info.... I am more curious.

"Midnight Charger" I remember too. A particular mix of equipment, usually. Not unlike the normal "Spring Special" models of old. I suspect the "Sport" in Monaco SS had to do with the vinyl bucket seat interior and the "Cordoba" wire wheel covers?

Seemingly, the "Midnight Charger" had to do with a "Magnum-type" grille, padded landau vinyl top, with specific opera window 1-divider ornamentation. Many pictures in Google Images.

They had to have SOMETHING to talk about as "power" certainly was not in those conversations, back then.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Last edited:
I've seen Midnight Chargers up close. I liked the nose treatment as it did more to differentiate the Charger from the 'Doba. They were only available in White or Jasmine Yellow.

I have 2 parts for the midnight Charger:
4106360 right roof side molding
4106362 right QTR window insert

my 1977 part book dated Feb 1978 has a page in the exterior section
showing all the exterior parts that are different for the Midnight Charger SE

another odd one that year was the Cordoba Crown Roof Landau with a lighted bar
that went all across the top of the roof.

There is nothing on the Monaco SS in the part book...........nothing. Was it actually produced?

Last edited:
I've seen Midnight Chargers up close. I liked the nose treatment as it did more to differentiate the Charger from the 'Doba. They were only available in White or Jasmine Yellow.
With "Midnight" in the name, I'd have expected them to be offered also (if not only) in Starlight Blue Met. or Formal Black.

It's a sharp car in any case.

Have seen several Midnight Chargers. Patti McGuire was given one for Playmate of the year. Never heard of the Monaco package nor seen one.

Looks nice. What engine does it have... andhow many miles. I think 75 was the last C-Body road runner, but honestly I forgot they even made them past 75.
Thanks for sharing, I am sure others will weigh in with more valuable info.... I am more curious.
318 with a Thermoquad 4bbl.
2:40 gears for gas mileage back then with those small primaries. If I stay under 70, I can get 20 mpg on long trips. When those big secondaries open up, or drops to about 13. Starts to pick up speed above 45. It sat on the dealers lot 6 months before I bought it. It’s my own ‘time machine’

Seems like that at one time, Mopar Performance offered a front k-member to put a B/RB engine in the Aspen/Volare vehicles. Mainly for the drag racers, I suspect. Lasted only one or two years, in the catalogs, before it disappeared.

Nice RR, though.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Well those are old pictures from the Atlantic Nationals up in New Brunswick Canada and I was just wondering if it was a Canadian Mopar and in the 70's if that was a Canada only option.
The more I look at it thou with with the electric fan and GM wiring loom covers I believe it's a owner installed situation. Always thought that but just like to show off the pics.
Ya never know till you ask.

Back