For Sale Midnite Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet you beat the book every job...
Nope, but once I had something figured out...

I usually lost time on diag/estimate jobs... I did the vehicle inspection, wrote a complete repair estimate so there were no surprises later and then I broke down estimated repairs by safety priority. A half way decent advisor loved my estimates... I even broke down overlapping labor so it could sell either way. The idiot advisors would soil themselves whenever I gave them a big estimate for a single complaint. They couldn't even present to the customer without acting guilty.

I usually told the advisor to bring the customer back when they wanted an explanation. I was a good guy to have if you had a "show me" customer.

Midnite Chargers were available in 77 only. As mentioned they had a unique Landau treatment that created a tunnel treatment for the rear back-light hearkening back to the 68-70 design, and unique front header. Factory colours for the Midnite Charger were Spinnaker white and Jasmine Yellow (That Silver pic, although great looking, has been repainted in a non factory color).

The Playmate of the Year in 77 was given a Midnite Charger by Hef...It had Playboy emblems added before being presented to her...you can see them on the front fender above the "Dodge" emblem on the front fender.

View attachment 75078 View attachment 75079

Thanks Mr C. I didn't really warm up to that car until now.

I usually lost time on diag/estimate jobs... I did the vehicle inspection, wrote a complete repair estimate so there were no surprises later and then I broke down estimated repairs by safety priority. A half way decent advisor loved my estimates... I even broke down overlapping labor so it could sell either way. The idiot advisors would soil themselves whenever I gave them a big estimate for a single complaint.
Why am I not shocked you did all that...

I'm in love twic eas much now thanks!
You need that car...

Why am I not shocked you did all that...

As a customer who has had at least his share of disappointment, wouldn't you rather deal with someone who would show you whats wrong, answer any questions about why you need it, and was able to break down the repair work so you could budget it out over time if necessary? And also explained overlapping labor operations so you could save a little by doing certain jobs together? I usually wasn't the top producer in the shop, I usually didn't like his work either.

Mr C knows his stuff!! I had one about 30 years ago in silver and same red interior. I just might have to go check this one out it being about 40 miles from here! Its a SE LE Charger! The Midnight Charger was the one with the unique two tone paint that was available in 76 77 it was called the Daytona, I had a two tone blue 77. sold to buy my 79 300 in 88.

Last edited:
If you have seen other Chargers of this era and see what people want for them. then this car is a steal. You will have nothing to do to this car but gas it up and cruise. I am selling the car because I have too many toys and am at a point of wanting to down size. This car is road/drive/ or show ready. I have only seen 1 other Midnite Charger at any car shows that I have been to. There were only 2300 Midnite Chargers ever made. This is a rare car, DON'T LET THIS ONE GET AWAY FROM YOU. Good luck bidding.

So what are other Chargers of this era going for? I seem to recall not much and to me this is not a rare "Oooooo" but a rare "So"...

Although the car is no doubt in better shape than the Playmate.

Although the car is no doubt in better shape than the Playmate.

Not too bad for 64 years old.

patti-mcguire-01.jpg

I still like her better than the car, but that doesn't mean too much I guess.

article-0-1996C325000005DC-85_634x782.jpg

You'd have to fight with Ross over her. :D

Mr C knows his stuff!! I had one about 30 years ago in silver and same red interior. I just might have to go check this one out it being about 40 miles from here! Its a SE LE Charger! The Midnight Charger was the one with the unique two tone paint that was available in 76 77. I had a two tone blue 77. sold to buy my 79 300 in 88.

Glenn...do you still have the 300?

Glenn...do you still have the 300?
No sold three years ago after wife stopped driving it for ereryday in summer. Bought another out of Texas about a year ago and only because it has Ttops too like old one, and is rust free! Just needs lots of TLC which Ive been giving it all winter, Plan on driving this summer and then maybe do a complete paint next winter.

DSCN0685.JPG

The Midnight Charger was the add campaign that used the Daytona and the adds were all shot at night. don't think the LE was part of that campaign. The LE is very rare, this one with a sun roof really makes it special. Wife Kathy already said NO MORE CARS !!! He called me and I still might go check it out. even put a bid on it but was out bid right away. He probably wants more than I can justify!

No sold three years ago after wife stopped driving it for ereryday in summer. Bought another out of Texas about a year ago and only because it has Ttops too like old one, and is rust free! Just needs lots of TLC which Ive been giving it all winter, Plan on driving this summer and then maybe do a complete paint next winter.

Please keep us updated Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back