For Sale mine - 1968 furyIII AND 1968 sport fury combo deal $10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

saylor

Reaction score
Contact seller
you gotta buy both. all of it. not parting out either one. you will get every mopar nut and bolt and thermostat we can scare up out of my garage.

FOR SALE: 1968 plymouth fury III px23g8d243539
1968 plymouth fury III PX23G8D243539 project
AND
1968 plymouth sport fury ps23K8D191537
PS23K8D191537 04/09/1968 W. H. Humphreys

$10,000 for both pretty firm. we can try to dance but thats where im at right now. but i love to dance.

The III runs/drives/tagged/inspected. The SF is a rolling shell right now.
cars are in north DFW area. Transport can be arranged at your cost.
both cars are well documented here ^^ in these posts on this forum, since they have been in my possession.

WHAT YOU WILL GET:
a running driving inspected furyIII with a fresh 440 rebuild from wayne calvert denton, tex.
a roller shell sport fury - complete, 99% disassembeled, and ready to go to body work.
all the crap ive aquired for them since 2013 - full dr. diff trutrack NIB, 3.55 gears, springsNthings HD+ springs NIB, extra dizzys, wires, connectors, and other extreanous BS, etc.

The furyIII is from TX AFAIK I'm the 3rd owner. I have recpts of everything Ive done to it + what I got from the guy when I bought it. It was a 383 2bbl originally. bench seat. all new taxi cab interior. Has ECI disc brake swap, the 440 out of the other car, cold case radiator, mopar electronic dizzy swap, disc brake booster swap, electric fuel pump, eddy 750, bigger ALT, upgraded charging/headlights/ammeter wiring/circuits, etc., etc. big radio. fosgate sealed box in back. jvc removable face deck. etc. etc.
the motor is documented, flatops, 30 over, 268 cam ,etc. built by an old racer head.
the transmission was done at plano transmissions plano TX. jeff hooked it up with a transgo stage II kit and a 2200 stall.

the 440 sport fury car was from forum member bruce brown. I shipped it to TX, took out the interior and motor/trans, then my back went out. i already had the motor redone, so that motor ended up in the 383 car.
I have some original paperwork for it - certicard, owners manual, sheet from under the seat, etc. Its a 440 A/C fast top split bucket seat, factory suregrip, silver grey spec. I heard maybe in this forum its 1 of 12 optioned like that.
20170716_083042.jpg

20170716_083027.jpg

WHY ARE YOU SELLING THEM SAYLOR?

i have an opportunity to move out of state, to the countryside, on top of a mountain, overlooking a big lake. seriously no kidding. im bailing out. im going for it. the road to this place is graded twice a year, and is about 5 miles long, dirt and rock just to get to my spot. its no place for a plymouth. next vehicle will be a polaris side by side or honda rancho or whatever the hell they call it.

lets work a deal.

buy these mopars -

- saylor

Last edited:
Good Luck, Sounds like the perfect spot to me. You may want to check out the Yamahas. My Nephew has done a lot of research and he claims the big difference is the CVT belt. This is the write up from an industry website.

The CVT transmission, which is the best in the industry, has a belt with a 10-year warranty. My local Yamaha dealer has said time and time again, that the only times he’s had to replace a Yamaha belt is because the owner really wanted it changed for whatever reason. That, or the person was using the machine in an unreasonable way. That dealer also added that it is so rare that a Yamaha comes in for service that he was happy he sold more products to make up the difference. This extreme reliability gives me extreme confidence when I’m doing something. I’ve never been forced to walk back due to a mechanical issue. Beat that!

You answered my question, best of luck with the sale. Good luck with your move, sounds like a nice piece of paradise. You know the drill.... we will need pic's

20200629_154836.jpg

20200629_154855.jpg

the 440 motor, in the white 383 car, as it sits presently.
new derale fan, new hayden clutch, OEM shroud out of a 66.

Resized_20200823_164041.jpeg

theres a lake under that treeline just gotta knock a couple of em over. thats sound of music **** right here, like bluebirds and ****. look at it.

i have an opportunity to move out of state, to the countryside, on top of a mountain, overlooking a big lake. seriously no kidding. im bailing out. im going for it. the road to this place is graded twice a year, and is about 5 miles long, dirt and rock just to get to my spot.
Please, please, don't let this get by you. This seems to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
BEST OF LUCK!

yes sir! ill trade you both these for a kubota!

srsly, I closed on the land on the 31st just a couple of days ago. that parts already done, so im committed. im all in already this is just stuff to deal with.

yes sir! ill trade you both these for a kubota!

srsly, I closed on the land on the 31st just a couple of days ago. that parts already done, so im committed. im all in already this is just stuff to deal with.
I'd trade you the Kubota but The FUHOA DPW is keeping it busy building FUHOA Pond...

20190902_134743.jpg
dug this 383 radiator up it will go with the pile.

this sale isnt listed yet anywhere i wanted to give yall first shot at it.

20180630_153848.jpg
and heres the converter that went in to the 727

cars are still available

20170213_055348.jpg

someone was asking about door interior skins - and i found a pic of what i did. i took the original cardboard interior pieces and traced them out to 1/8" plastic sheet. then i took the metal door sills off the cardboard and attatched them to the plastic sheet with pookey. the square holes are where the armrest goes. the round hole is the window crank. the small holes are clips or pegs or i dont even remember what.

then i foamed them, then vinyled them yp.

20170212_144643.jpg

20170219_125900.jpg

i used this dense foam - bad choice - use the poofy foam.

try not to die -

saylor

these are still available shoot me an offer im motivated, and trying to move, so my motivation is motivated even.

i was letting yall have first crack at these. since no one is interested Im gonna put them on CL and the bay and trader and wherever - they got to go.

if you are interested in these - make me an offer. i got to get these out of the driveway im trying to move.

thanks -

- saylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back