Mini early C Bodies

If it haz wheelz I like it but they're are only two promo'z that ever really got me excited. Your '61 iz one of 'um but I would have prefered the '61 wagon had it been produced, which it never waz whimper whimper. The other iz the Turbine Car and I've never been able to justify the cost of that puppy to just sit on my coffee table OUT OF THE BOX and get dusted occasionally , Jer
the turbine car is relatively affordable. it used to be one of the rarest promos out there until a warehouse full was found in the late 1980s, just after johan made a ton of replicas.
NOS examples like mine fresh out of a shipping carton bring $125-$150. a mint example without the box can be had for no more then $75.

Old Norev Plastik #92 Chrysler New Yorker +Boat trailer | eBay

French Company by the Name of Norev had a few very nice 1/43 plastic models of American cars in the 50s/early 60s. They turn up over here at flea markets a bit cheaper from time to time, still didn't get around to get me at least one of These, on the other Hand there's also some addiction potential.

There were only seven different promos offered in Plum Crazy. At a show many years ago a seller had all seven in a display for sale. He would only sell them as a set for $7,000.

for those who don't know which ones:

70&71 Charger
70&71 Cuda
70&71 Challenger
71 Duster

There was no 70 Duster Promo made
There was a 70 GTX Promo as well as a 71 Road Runner but bothe were not made in FC7

Carsten

IMG_0071.JPG

Here's a purple 70 GTX promo! Yeah, it's painted. The original plastic color was ugly and marred.
I like this better.

IMG_0072.JPG

This trio were table settings at a Chrysler Mgt. Banquet. Not everybody took theirs and mom had a big purse!

IMG_0073.JPG

Johann promos warp pretty badly. The Valiant and 300 are two of the best samples left.

Jo-Han Promos warp till including 1963 models. After that they swaped from acetat to styrene, too like AMT did in 1961/1962

Carsten

DSC09250.jpg

Different Versions of the 74 available right now in 1:43 from Minichamps, including a cop car and a firechief.

I love collecting toy cars! Especially old Mopar, I primarily have mostly small sized cars like Hot wheels and matchbox, but do have a good selection of mixed car brand Promos, most are kinda junky that I've bought from some shows for $5-20. And on the lookout for a 1966 Plymouth Fury III.
20170124_223358.jpg

Here's is one of my main displays. I'll have to snap a pic of my Promos and others...

I collect as well. The Imperial comes with golf clubs in the trunk. I always sit the passenger up but when ever I look at it she's always fallen over...kinda strange. I have self space problems so most of my bigger scale stuff is packed away.
100_0323.JPG
100_0329.JPG
100_0330.JPG
100_0333.JPG
100_0332.JPG
100_0313.JPG
100_0314.JPG
100_0317.JPG

I have one of those Corgi Imperials. About the same condition. We played with the stuff back then!
I stayed with 1/25 scale promos and kits as best i could. Special interst diecast, read mopars, have found their way into the fleet. The other scales have been tempting but i like the consistancy in size on display.

Model cars of any scale are just another sickness and I'm on life support like most of the other posters in this thread. Can't even guess how many unbuilt kits I still have wrapped in their original plastic.

Back