Minor miracle

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was refreshing to see a 16 year old changing his own flat tire. It was definitely his first time, he had the manual out, didn't seek out help and kept at it.until he was finished.

This was not a residence that anyone appears to work on cars either. A very affluent neighborhood and the garage was void of any real tools. Just nice to see a young person take the initiative, and not wait until dad gets home or call a tow.

Of course, you asked if he needed a hand, right?

I actually asked him if he had it figured out. I didn't want to help him unless I felt he was doing something wrong, but I definitely thought about it.

I was being my grandpa, he was my best teacher. He would give directions and then step away and let me do it. He would check my work when I was done and ask me how I did it. I was very fortunate to have his guidance growing up.

I actually asked him if he had it figured out. I didn't want to help him unless I felt he was doing something wrong, but I definitely thought about it.

I was being my grandpa, he was my best teacher. He would give directions and then step away and let me do it. He would check my work when I was done and ask me how I did it. I was very fortunate to have his guidance growing up.

Cool.
Same guidance I gave my 16 year old son after he spun a rod bearing in his Dodge Shadow! Could not believe it when the engine started! Man, I was proud of him and he still talks about it. (now 37)

Saw the mother who's kid change the tire this morning. Told her it was nice to see him change it himself. She told me it was his fault for cutting a corner that they warned him about. They have AAA but she said he had to change the tire and he was paying for the new tire.

These parents have their heads on straight, it gives me hope for this current generation.

I had an epiphany last night after a couple.
Google.
Before there was Google, before there was Altavista, before there was Archie (Google it... :rolleyes:), when someone didn't know what to do next, they analyzed the problem and worked their way through it. Self sufficiency.
Now it's, Siri, I have a flat. HELP ME, WAHHHHHHHH.... And Siri calls AAA.
And while you wait 4 hours, you could have figured out how to change a hundred tires.

When somebody comes to the house for some type of service I needed (found on Google, by the way, after Googling the problem and finding out I can't do it), there's usually a "helper" who is as useless as the Pope's balls. I purposely engage the useless POS in a conversation and explain how this is an excellent op to learn the business. They usually say, Yah.. whatever...

Last edited:
Lawn darts,bumper jacks......Natural selection survival of the smartest. Lol!
All that has been taken away.
They won't even show old Woody Woodpecker cartoons anymore.
Bubble wrap them from vagina to coffin.

Who here got their first lesson in Electricity with a paperclip?

Grand-pap would have the lawn mower continually running(when they would without having to hold a damn lever), call us over, asked if we would help him with something. Then lay his hand on our shoulder and touch the spark plug with the other. Talk about piss yourself. But he was a great teacher as was my dad. Miss both.

All that has been taken away.
They won't even show old Woody Woodpecker cartoons anymore.
Bubble wrap them from vagina to coffin.

Who here got their first lesson in Electricity with a paperclip?
I was about three or four put a paperclip in outlet and I never did it again, leason learned never forgot it. :)

Back