Minor wagon mishap...

thrashingcows

Reaction score
It was my Daughter's Grade 8 diner and dance this evening and I took her to the event in the wagon. Well I forgot to spin in the antenna mast before leaving. Since it's out in the driveway under a Wolf car cover the mast has to come off, so I store it under the wiper arms. Of course it fell off on a busy road and got run over a lot! It did survive amazingly well though....lots of road rash in the outer stainless, and a bit of warping but considering the traffic it was subjected too. Just hurts because it was in perfect original shape...not a rock chip, or ding it it anywhere!

So question to those with access to part numbers....what is the interchange on this one? This was the original unit for my 68 T/C wagon, it is a 3 stage extendable mast that measure out to 59" from bottom of the threaded shaft, to top when fully extended.

I see there is a few offerings in the reproduction market. But does anyone have a mint, or darn close to it, OEM one for sale?

Chris, I searched long and hard for the same antenna for my 67 Newport. It's the damn base that makes it impossible. I finally went aftermarket with one of the (UGH!!!) swivel ball bases...

Who is the radio/antennae guy on here? I bought a beautiful original for my 65 from him....let me see if I can find the info.

Try this guy on here....

image.jpg

image.jpg

The mast part number that you are looking for is 2889 919 which was used at least through 1970, and it was the same for everything that had a manual antenna. There was a 76.5" antenna also, but it isn't listed as being used in 1968. 1967 and earlier I believe used the antenna that had the mast as part of the base(the mast didn't screw on, like on the '68 and later cars).

ant..jpg

I'm about 95% sure the originals are not aluminium.

ant..jpg

Back